Friday

Treasure Chest

This trunk is one of my favorite antiques. I restored it back in the 70s. When I brought it home it was so ugly my husband forbid me to bring it into the house! It was painted a reddish-brown and had three wheels. The inside smelled of moth balls. It took a long time, but it finally became presentable. The top and front tin panels have a leaf pattern design. It is perfect sitting at the foot of the gold-leafed iron bed in our guest room which is decorated with all antiques and is called a bed and breakfast room by all our guests!


Lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and thieves do not break in or steal, for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Matthew 6:20, 21

3 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Your trunk is beautiful! It is very, very similar to mine. I received mine from my aunt and uncle who had used it for their luggage when they moved to Australia from Canada (they went by ship). I restored mine in the 70's also by painting it completely black and then embossing the metal parts with gold paint. The inside has really neat, old paper that is printed and a beautiful picture of an old fashioned lady on a label. Our trunks actually look identical in shape and style. Thanks for sharing. :)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Thank you, Lah Tea Dah, for sharing about your trunk. It sounds beautiful too! I would like to see it, maybe you will post it on your Blog sometime! Trunks are so extraordinary, so mysterious! Don't you wish trunks could talk! Or at least have a hidden journal within telling all about their travels and experiences!

Katherine

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful trunk!!! You have did an amazing job of restoring it.

LTD