Saturday

Chocolate!


What could be better than a box of chocolates? Why of course it is - "Noni's Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge!" Noni is no longer with us, but we have her fabulous fudge recipe and always think of her when we make it. To me nothing is better than warm homemade fudge. I even like bought chocolate when is it warmer than it should be! I confess, I'm a chocoholic! I like most chocolates and in almost any form. I'm so thankful research is proving that chocolate is now good for us! Yea!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
Mix 2 cups sugar
2/3 cup milk
2 squares bittersweet chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons butter
Cook to soft ball (test in water.) The humidity determines how long this takes and it is usually 3 to 5 minutes. (I don't make this when it rains)
Add 1/3 jar (small) marshmallow cream
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup nuts (pecans)
Beat till firm.
Pour into a pan lined with waxed paper or foil. When cool, cut into small squares.

No comments: