Saturday

Guest Room

"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it." Hebrews 13:2

I enjoy having guests come to visit as we don't live where our family and a lot of our friends do. Our guests seem to enjoy being here and staying in what they call my Bed and Breakfast room! The picture on the left was taken before we painted the room a pale yellow. The valance is made from a vintage lace curtain that was too worn to use any other way. The wedding picture is my husband's parents when they married in 1933. I now have another lamp on this table, it has raised tiny yellow roses on it, a find that I had to have!

This guest room has an antique iron bed (below) that I gold-leafed. It has yellow bedding with a crocheted coverlet on top, and a bonnet girl quilt my grandmother made, at the foot of the bed. Lots of pillows are on the bed including a lavender filled pillow made of vintage linen and the lavender. Other pillows are made from embroidered vintage pieces, crocheted lace doilies, and worn quilt pieces.

A wrought iron and wicker bed tray holds my yellow rose teapot, a tea cup, a lace napkin, and a little book about "Lace." An antique humpback trunk is at the foot of the bed, I restored it and added Treasure Gold on the metal parts. On top of the trunk is a shawl, yellow gloves, yellow hat, and beaded purse.

No comments: