Sunday

Princess Diana

Princess Diana
July 1, 1961 - August 31, 1997

I always remember Princess Diana's death and how I learned about it. I thought she was a lovely person, a lady, a genuine down to earth person. My daughters loved her when they were small and I allowed them to get up at 4:30 a.m. to watch her fairy tale wedding!

I can't remember if I bought this doll before or after her death. I think the resemblance is remarkable. I always liked that dress, she called it her Elvis dress! (See the top picture)


My daughters and I had a lot of her books, especially the ones with the beautiful fashions she wore so well.


I loved her shy smile!
I found a lot of quotes by Diana and will share some of those here

I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved. I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that, I want to do that.

Every one of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.


Hugs can do great amounts of good - especially for children.

I don't go by the rule book... I lead from the heart, not the head.

I knew what my job was; it was to go out and meet the people and love them.

I live for my sons. I would be lost without them.


I want my boys to have an understanding of people's emotions, their insecurities, people's distress, and their hopes and dreams.


I want to walk into a room, be it a hospital for the dying or a hospital for the sick children, and feel that I am needed. I want to do, not just to be.


HIV does not make people dangerous to know, so you can shake their hands and give them a hug: Heaven knows they need it.


Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can.

I'd like to be a queen in people's hearts but I don't see myself being queen of this country.

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are.

The biggest disease this day and age is that of people feeling unloved.

The kindness and affection from the public have carried me through some of the most difficult periods, and always your love and affection have eased the journey.

Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.


I hope you enjoyed my tribute to Princess Diana! Quite a switch from roosters to Diana, huh! If you are looking for the rooster party, keep scrolling down!



Have a happy day!
God Bless.

Katherine

14 comments:

jerseygirl211 said...

Katherine,

As I read your lovely post about Diana, words to a song, that often go thru my head, started playing in my mind again. Those words are......IF THERE'S ANY GOOD THAT I CAN DO, LET ME DO IT NOW, PLEASE GOD SHOW ME HOW, FOR I'LL NEVER WALK THIS WAY AGAIN.

I've tried to put that song on my blog music, but I can't seem to find it. I may not be able to do the things that Di did in her life, or you either, but I do what I can, when I can, and hope that God helps me to help others. One can not give themselves any other gift that would make them feel as good as they will, when they help another.

I'm so pleased that you found my blog and that I in return came to yours. Now off to read about your Roosters. LOL

I'll be back to visit.

GOD BLESS

'D'

Magdalena said...

Katherine,
You make me want to do better and be better!! what a poignant post. Princess Diana was so amazing, when she passed away I felt as though I had lost a dear family member. I still can't believe she is gone, the World needed her so badly, I guess God needed her more.
God Bless
Bunny

jerseygirl211 said...

Me Again......

As I looked at your Roosters, I realized I had been here already. I remember wanting to mention that names I found here, Katherine, Elizabeth and even Rose (from Yellow Rose Arbor) are all names from the Irish side of my family, my Mother's family. Even seeing the words 'Yellow Rose' touched my heart, since that was my mother's favorite rose. There was a beautiful yellow, rose vine that grew up the side of her parents house, she loved it, and of course so did I. :)

Til next time.....

'D'

The Tablescaper said...

Hi Katherine:
I love your post about Lady Di and all of the pearls reminded me about your comment on my All White post. The pearls are on swags that I got at Villeroy and Bach a year or so ago. They're a bit difficult to keep from getting tangled but so full of pearls that it's worth it!
- The Tablescaper

Marilyn Miller said...

Thanks for sharing the quotes. I had never thought of Diana in just that way. She wanted so much to be loved. Very sad.

Becky K. said...

It was as if we lived the Fairytale with her...I was so sad when she died so tragically.

Becky K.

Carrie said...

I enjoyed reading this post about Diana.
After reading the posts you and Gloria at Happy to Be wrote today, I decided to write about the books in my Diana collection. All the other things are packed away.

http://oakrisecottage.blogspot.com/2009/08/blue-monday-diana-princess-of-wales.html

Carrie - Oak Rise Cottage

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Katherine, what a beautiful doll. It is just wonderful. Her life was one of much trial and I think she tried to handle it with as much grace as anyone could possibly expect. You've done a wonderful tribute to her. Hugs, Marty

A Hint of Home said...

I remember getting up for the wedding and also watching the funeral. Her life was filled with a lonliness amongst all the people and servants around her.
She was a beautiful example of style.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Beautiful post for a Beautiful Princess Katherine...Loved reading about her...she touched my heart with all her kindness to others all the time..May you have a great day my friend....Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

A perfectly beautiful post. It will always be hard for me to believe...she was wonderful..fresh, alive and a joy to watch! What a loss for the world!
Love,
Mona

mag duru said...

thanks for sharing. with love.

Megha said...

i simply love her so much ..hope her soul rests in peace ..<3.,

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words...so true. She was such an inspiration. You might enjoy my similar post about William. http://tablescapesbybev.wordpress.com/2013/07/28/changing-vignettes-and-royal-reflections/