Thursday

My Funny Valentine

I've always loved the song "My Funny Valentine," I'm happy some of the old songs, including My Funny Valentine, are being revived by popular artists today. I have several new CDs with this song - Rod Stewart's Great American Songbook CD, Michael Bolton's Vintage CD, and one of Chris Botti's CD. This song gets in my mind and I can't stop thinking about it! Does that happen with you? At a Valentine party once we played a game filling in the blanks of romantic songs. Here's one of them, can you fill in the blanks?

My funny Valentine Sweet _____ Valentine
You make me smile when I’m ____
Your looks are laughable Unphotographable
Yet you're my favorite work of ___
Is your figure less than _____
Is your ____ a little weak
When you open it to ____
Are you ____?
But don't change a ____ for me Not if you care for me
Stay little _______ stay
Each day is Valentine's day!

No comments: