Wednesday

Tablescape Thursday

Last week after posting my tablescape on Wednesday night, I went to TJ Maxx on Thursday and found the perfect napkins for that tablescape! I will show you at the end how the napkins look with last week's tablescape, but first I will show a new tablescape created with these napkins being the inspiration.

I used the black plates from Hobby Lobby again, topped with a white salad plate, and a square
pumpkin-colored plate I've had for several years.

Here's the overall look with the napkins.


The centerpiece is made with a metal tea cup shaped planter and sunflowers.
Since there's no tea theme, I turned the handle around so it will look like this.

I bought these little square plates at a home party a few years ago. You know how you feel you have to buy something when you go to those home parties, I bought these even though they didn't match my other decor.

Home and Garden Party
They were perfect for a Halloween tablescape!

I had bought the tablecloth at Ross a while ago, very pretty with gold and silver threads making an elegant plaid look. I didn't take it out of the package until a few days ago. I was shocked to see a bad flaw on the tablecloth! This is the first time this has happened with tablecloths from Ross, they are usually good shape and great bargains. This one was $7.99. Here's the flaw:
It's not in a spot that can be easily covered. My husband thinks I should return it. I could cut it smaller, but I do think $7.99 it too much to pay for such a badly flawed tablecloth. What do you think? Should I return it? I did use it to take these pictures!


Would you join me at my Halloween tablescape, I promise no spooky frightening surprises!

Here's how the new black napkins look with last week's tablescape:

The napkins match the mercury glass centerpiece!
Here's the overall look, I like these napkins with this so much better than the ones I used last week. To see last week's tablescape, go here.

Thanks, to Susan for hosting Tablescape Thursdays! Go here for lots more inspiration.

Have a happy day!
God Bless.

Katherine

24 comments:

Deanna said...

You centerpiece is so very nice. Table is great!
d

nannykim at spindle cottage said...

Oh, I REALLY love those napkins with last weeks tablescape!! WOW !! They are so nice!!

I think I would return the tablecloth since it is in a place that is not usually covered....but may be it isn't really noticeable on the table when the table is set?

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your napkins are gorgeous and perfect with both tablesetting.
Yep, I would take the tablecloth back...You shouldn't have to keep something that is badly flawed...well unless you want to!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Katherine, your napkins are really gorgeous. I love the colors and the pattern. I think you can use them with so many different tablescapes. Love the teacup with the pretty flowers too. Such a pretty tablescape. Yes, I would definitely take the tablecloth back. I don't think just taking pics qualifies as using it. What a shame, it is really pretty too, but I would definitely take it back. Hugs, Marty

Krystal Kats said...

Katherine this is lovely! what a gorgeous fall table! thanks for sharing with me!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

So pretty -- love those little plates!

Moore Minutes said...

I would return the tablecloth! ;)

I can't believe how GOOD that black and yellow look together! It makes a stunning statement.

Also, would you help me win a necklace pretty please? It would mean so much to me if you would leave a quick comment on this post I have pasted below...if I get the most comments, I win. :) Thank you!

http://kristenandrewsonline.blogspot.com/2009/10/featured-reader-let-me-introduce-you-to_12.html

Julie said...

Hi Katherine, Love your table the colors you used are wonderful...
xoxo
Julie

Marigene said...

Wow, that is nice; a touch of yellow against the black and white!

The Bloom Girls said...

The napkins are just beautiful! They are perfect for the tablescape and really make the little gold plates POP! Very pretty!

A Hint of Home said...

Hi KK,
You are right. These napkins are so striking. I love the rich colors.
I probably would agree with Joe and take the tablecloth back if the flaws are noticeable.
Your dishes are stunning together.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Take the cloth back girl...Now I love your new napkins very pretty with both place setting...thanks for sharing...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

The new napkins are a lovely addition to your fall table. I think you should take the tablecloth back. Every time you look at the flaw, it will bug you. Even if they won't give you your money back, we can always find things at Ross, can't we.

Please come over to my blog to visit today's post. I have a surprise for you.

Teresa's New Life said...

Well, first, yes take the table cloth back unless it was the only one. Second the new napkins do really add to last weeks table and thirdly, your pumpkin colored tea plates are beautiful! And last, the centerpiece is great! Loved all the picutes.

Kathleen said...

Lovely table!
The gold plates look great and the new napkins are so pretty!
And yes, I'd return the tablecloth.
Maybe they will have another that isn't flawed. It might get worse when you wash it!

Sue said...

That is a great color combination. I love the napkins, and your little yellow plates. Aren't you glad you still have them now?

Sue

Sarah said...

Glad you found those napkins because they are perfect with you dishes. Beautiful textile! Thanks for sharing this lovely tablescape.

Signing Out said...

Such a lovely tablescape! I love the black and gold combination. Those napkins are so pretty.

Jane

Carole Burant said...

Oh Katherine, every time I see one of your tablescapes I think you can't have a prettier one but you always do:-) I just love these two as well!! For Thanksgiving, I had bought yellow Debbie Travis plates and cups and I looked everywhere for linen napkins in a contrasting Fall colour but couldn't find any. Hopefully one day I'll be lucky and find some that will go with those dishes!! Love the napkins you found, they really go well with the black plates! xoxo

Rettabug said...

Katherine, I ♥ your new napkins! They work beautifully on both tablescapes & I bet you'll use them many more times, too.

I also want to say "Congratulations"...you've been selected to receive a personally monogrammed linen hand towel in my Pay It Forward Giveaway!

If you will email me with your last name & address, I will get started on the monogramming. Let me know if you would prefer a different initial than your last name.
My email is rett AT neo.rr.com
I'm sure you know to change the AT to @

Marilyn Miller said...

Yes, the new napkins do make last weeks tablescape perfect. You always amaze me in the variety of tablescapes you come up with.

Love Bears All Things said...

Love the napkins. I would definitely take the table cloth back. If it had been sold as flawed then you could just cover it with a topper if that worked or redo it as you say but since it was packaged and didn't mention flaws, I would exchange it.
Mama Bear

Moore Minutes said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to try to find that post to comment on that I asked you too. :) Here is the link actually:

http://kristenandrewsonline.blogspot.com/2009/10/featured-reader-let-me-introduce-you-to_12.html

BUT I think you don't need to go there now because I feel very bad that you took the time and trouble to find it and it was sort of confusing! :) It's all good.

Anyways! Have a super weekend.

Lady Katherine said...

Love the napkins with your great dishes! I just simply love sunflowers, The metal tea holder is great with them. Doesn't even look like a tea cup. As a weaver, I might just be tempted to take the flaw a part and weave it in, it a lovely cloth. The Mercury glass table setting is wonderful, just adore the pumpkin. I'll be off to surgery this week, stopping in to say How a great Fall.