Thursday

Scrapbooking





Well, I had my day off today! I didn’t mean for it to be a day off from the computer, but it turned out that way! My husband decided to use my computer, so I kept working on my scrapbooking! I got a lot done today on the babies albums! We did stop to go out to lunch, hubby wanted Chinese food, so off we went! I had several cups of their oolong tea, love it! I don’t like a lot of Chinese food (a lot of it disagrees with my stomach too!) I always order either sesame chicken, or orange chicken (without the hot spice!) Joe likes all Chinese food, today he ordered beef pepper steak, he usually gets pork and vegetables.

I’m not sleepy tonight, I hope the oolong tea didn’t have caffeine in it, it’s not supposed to! Since I’ve been working on photo albums so long I’ll talk about them. I’m happy to here some of you said you also enjoy scrapbooking! I looked for some pictures of scrapbooking I’m done, but only found some that I did back about eight years ago! I featured these on my blog a year or so ago. These pictures are of my husband’s parents wedding, back in 1934! Aren’t they pretty pictures! I’m sad to say I never met his parents.

These two scrapbook pages were published in a scrapbook magazine! They are in Memory Makers Wedding Idea Book, it was published in 2000, and it may still be available. I was thrilled for it to be published, and my husband was very proud that his parents wedding photo was published! I don’t have a camera, or I would show you the cover of the book. If you have this book, you will see my name listed in Indiana, where we lived temporarily.

I have been scrapbooking since 1996. I started when I saw an ABC book a friend at work did. I immediately wanted to do one for my grandson who was three at the time! I did one and my daughter fell in love with scrapbooking (Creative Memories) and signed up as a consultant! I then signed up under her, as her first downline! That was 12 ½ years ago, and we are still loving it! In fact, I have just finished doing two more ABC albums for our two grandbabies! Maybe I’ll show those when I get my camera.

Tomorrow I will do Part 2 on scrapbooking (this is getting a bit long, and I have more to say!)
Thanks for visiting!

Katherine

5 comments:

Alice said...

How beautiful. I can see why it was chosen to be included in the book. I love the details in the photos, from his shoes to her flowers but really the pictures are timeless.

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you this, ALL tea comes from the same plant and contains caffeine unless it has been removed. This includes oolong, white and green teas. Only herbal 'teas', called tisanes are naturally caffeine free.
Those wedding photos are lovely. I like what you have done with them.

Adrienne said...

What a beautiful display for lovely pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us. ~Adrienne~

Love Bears All Things said...

I tagged you for a MeMe on my blog.

I would be interested in seeing some of your pages along as you do them. I have a few projects in mind and have been buying supplies. So many are going to virtual scrapbooking but I prefer the old fashioned kind.
Mama Bear

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Oh Katherine, these photos are stunning! How awesome to have your work published, bravo!
Nikki