Sunday

Hat Decorating Contest

I decorated this hat today because tomorrow I am going to a large tea party and there is a hat decorating contest. I am not a competitive person, so I don't care if I win or not. I didn't decorate the hat elaborately, I just decorated it to match the outfit I'm wearing tomorrow. I posted about the dress about two months ago, I'm finally going to get to wear it!

Below is a picture of the hat before it was decorated. I've had this hat for years. It was actually too big for my head. I decided to fix it and used sticky velcro inside to make it smaller. No, I'm not going to velcro it to my head!!! I left both pieces of velcro stuck together! It works, now it is almost too small!

Here's the two-piece dress I'm wearing tomorrow. It came with the cameo pin on it. I also added a cameo to the hat.
Tomorrow before the tea I'll have my husband take a picture of me in the dress and the hat, if they turn out okay I'll post them tomorrow night. I'll also take pictures of the tea party if I can.

Katherine

Later this week I'll start posting pictures of my tea pots, as tea pots are the subject this week on LaTeaDah's Tea Blog-a-thon.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hi Katherine -
Your hat is going to be so elegant with your 'tea dress'. I can't wait to see a picture of you in your pretty dress and hat. I love the simplicity of your decorations on the hat. You can decorate a hat for me any time!
~Adrienne~

Alice said...

Oh, how elegant and beautiful you must have looked. I can't wait to see your photo in this outfit. I'm looking forward too to your teapots.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see a photo of you in your hat and dress, I know that you are going to look so beautiful.

Janet

Muum said...

Your hat looks great! I hope you have a great time. thanks for your visit to my blog.

Mary said...

Katherine,

I was so sure I had posted here but blogger has been giving me a very hard time the last few days.

I love your dress and you look so beautiful in your elegant outfit. You deserved to win. I love the photos and am glad you got to wear that beautiful dress that your hubby gave you. Thanks so much for sharing.

Blessings,
Mary