Wednesday

Outdoor Decor


 I'm posting my outdoor decor and will link to a couple of parties. I had planned to make new outside decorations and had bought some new things to work with.  My plans changed when I just couldn't get it to come together, so I went to Plan B and the above door decor is what I came up with.
I've had the little toy sled for years and the little ice skates were purchased from Kohl's last year, or the year before. All I had to buy was the ribbon and some faux greenery.

 
 It's not real original, but we are pleased with the look! Below shows the courtyard next to our entryway:

A neighbor gave us this little iron bench years ago, my husband painted it black. 
 
 The red poinsettias show up nicely on the black.

 A shot of the courtyard with the bouganvillia growing.  See the little lantern on the right? There are two more on either side of the garage. They are decorated with greenery and the plaid ribbon. (The cars were outside and in the way so I didn't take a picture of those.) I also didn't sweep the leaves away before taking these pictures!

Below is the flag pole holder decorated! It's on the left side of the entryway.


 Here's a close-up of the metal sled decorated with metal gift boxes and greenery. The wooden Santa is tole painted, I bought him at a craft show about 12 years ago.


 Couldn't resist taking a picture of our neighbors (across the street) yard decorations. It looks so pretty all lit up at night.
 


Katherine

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Love it, love it, love it! I'd love to have a little sled and skates to do something special on my door. I'm trying to simplify this year and use what I have!
~Adrienne~

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

I always think it is so thoughtful of the neighbors to docorate so as to have your own view! Your decor is beautiful and I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Debbie said...

I think the door looks wonderful. I did the same old thing on the porch this year. I never thought to decorate the flag pole holder. Hmmm... wonder if there is still time to do that? I love the poinsettias on the iron bench and actually your whole courtyard.

BTW, it's GOOD to see some posts from you!