Wednesday

Nativity Tablescape

I love to do Nativity tablescapes at Christmas. I found a new plaid tablecloth at Ross last month and since it was only $8.99 I bought it even though I didn't think I had anything to go with it. I was pleasantly surprised that it looks so good with the religious theme!


I collect Nativities and this white one is a favorite. I bought it at Hobby Lobby a few years ago for only about $9.99, and probably at half that price!

I used green chargers, with white plates (from Dollar Tree) The red rimmed plates came from Cracker Barrel about three years ago.  I didn't have matching plaid napkins so I used red and green napkins together. Actually I prefer the napkins not to match the tablecloth, gives more of a pop don't you agree! 

The salad plates have a holly design on the border, the little bread plates don't have the holly.
I forgot to take pictures of the other plates, all of them have either - Love, Joy, Peace, or Hope on them.

The crystal is gold rimmed. The silverware has clear handles. (All found at Ross years ago.)

I'm joining Cuisine Kathleen's Let's Dish, Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, and Yvonne at Stone Gable. Thanks, ladies for hosting. Click on their names for lots more inspiration.
Katherine
P.S. - I hope to share my Nativity collection soon with the new designs I did. I try to do new designs with them each year. I'm finished decorating, are you? I'm still wrapping presents though. We'll have a house full of family this year! I'm excited!

9 comments:

Adrienne said...

I always love your tablescapes! The only thing that would make them better is if you and I could sit and chat over a bit of something yummy!
~Adrienne~

Carrie said...

It's always good to see your nativities and as well as your lovely tablescapes. As a nativity collector, of course it is wonderful to see one incorporated into the table design! Happy Holidays to you!

Marlis said...

I love plaid and think anything goes well with plaid.. Love the nativity on it.. it's such a sharp contrast and shines.. Pretty table.. xo marlis

Debbie said...

I love nativities, and white ones are my favorites. I would love to find a deal like that at HL because I love the size of yours. It's perfect for this table. Plaid always says HOME to me for some reason. (I don't know why... my husband is Scottish, not I.) Anyway, the homey feel of the linen with the Holy family in the middle is just perfect. Love the place settings with the words too.

And I agree about the napkins not matching the table cloth. I like mine to contrast too.

xinex said...

Pretty dishes and I love your Nativity too...Christine

Marigene said...

Those dishes and tablecloth were made for each other and then add the nativity...so beautiful table, Katherine!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful, K! I love the new tablecloth.
Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish!
Come see my Live Nativity! :)

Linda said...

Hi Katherine, your tablescapes are gorgeous; amazing! Thank you so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

Hey Katherine, I was browsing for ideas for Christmas table decorations and settings and happened to stumbled in this post and I am so glad I did. I love your choice of decors and ornaments, the nativity is pretty cool! Love it!