Sunday

Fall in Florida

We don't have much fall foliage here in FL, so we have to make our own fall! I start by tucking in faux fall flowers here and there in places already in place. Such as on the tea cart:
The tea cart is in the dining room.
I always have some of my yellow depression glass displayed on the tea cart.
While we're in the dining room I'll show you other fall touches, starting at the ceiling:
The crystal chandelier looks like it's swinging back and forth, but it's just the way the photo is angled!
There are a few fall leaves on the chandelier.

I always tuck lots of fall things on top of the china cabinet, along with the vignette up there.

A little fall "jewelry" decorates the valance on the dining room window.

The living room is across from the dining room. I decorated the top of the computer armoire with silk fall leaves and flowers:

This is where I sit each night playing on my 'puter! I don't think you want to see the inside of this armoire!


Here's the little Butler's table used at the "coffee table" in the living room:
I did a vignette with my favorite ceramic pumpkin:
This vignette is on top of the curio cabinet in the living room (see four pictures up.)
It was hard to get a good picture, I tried with, and without the flash.


This little angel is on a plant stand in the corner of the living room. I tucked in faux leaves.
Again, a pic with and without the flash!


Before we move to the next room, even tho it was posted recently, I'm going to sneak in this picture of the foyer, since it is in the area of living room and dining room.
After coming through the foyer, the dining room is on the right, and living room on the left.

More faux leaves tucked in floral arrangements, this one in in the niche in the dining room:
Wicker pumpkins are at the side of the low curio cabinet:

Moving to the family room, the coffee table has this terrarium decorated for fall on it.

You will be seeing this again at Marty's Cloche Party next week!

I went looking for a vase to display these silk Aspen leaves in and found this one at Michael's.
It is now in the breakfast nook, waiting to be moved to the place that now displays the Halloween vignette.

I hope you enjoyed seeing the remainder of my fall decor. More fall decorations are posted here and here.

I'm linking to Seasonal Sundays, Marty's Table Top Tuesday, and Kim's Wow Us Wednesday, click on their names for lots more inspiration.

Happy Fall, Ya'll!!

Katherine

10 comments:

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Katherine - you certainly did create your own fall; it's all lovely. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my post.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Beautiful Florida Fall, Katherine.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Lovely, Katherine! You have really gone all it, and it shows!

XO,

Sheila

Debbie said...

We have the same around here. Not that much real fall so we have to create it with a little faux here and a little dried there. I also have the same problem of taking good pictures of it without the flash.

Yours looks wonderful to me both ways. I love the autumnal colors next to your furniture and colors. It's all so warm.

My favorite things are those wicker pumpkins. I'd love to have some.

Carole Burant said...

It all looks so beautiful, Katherine, you certainly have the flair for decorating:-) Most of our leaves have fallen off the trees now so there's not much colour left at all. xoxo

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow Katherine, you did go all out. Everything is absolutely stunning. I love all the fall foliage and your pumpkin, angels and figurines are just perfect. You've done a fabulous job of creating fall. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

Adrienne said...

I love the way you made Fall happen in your home! Such pretty touches everywhere. I'm competing with the colors of Fall just outside my window. Keeping things a bit more muted and more yellow this year. Come my way and I'll take you on a Fall tour that will make your heart sing!
~Adrienne~

Anonymous said...

Hi Katherine, I found you through The Tablescaper, I couldn't resist when I read your title about Florida. I'm from South Florida myself so I totally understand our predicament. ;) Can you imagine autumn being my favorite season? I've seen plenty of it up north, including Vermont, and it has a special place in my heart as my favorite season of all. Wish we got more of those gorgeous colors though.
I happen to have those same wicker pumpkins. I have mine on our mantel.
Looking forward to more visits.
Much love.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh you have everything decorated so beautifully!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous fall decor!!! As you know, I adore your tea cart table and it looks so prerty decorated for Fall. Ohhh, love your white pumpkin, it is so beautiful and you have showcased it beautifully.

Janet