Friday

The Storm


The Tropical Storm Fay has finally left us, in our area!! She was so rude and stubborn, hanging around for days when she wasn't wanted, like a bad houseguest who comes to visit uninvited, and won't leave!!

I give the Lord all the glory, our prayers were answered! I just can't get the TV radar picture out of my mind, seeing the storm raging all around us, for many hours we were right in the middle with nothing going on! I feel it was God's hand of protection! For the most part we didn't have any problems, just the inconvenience of power outages, and that didn't last very long each time it went out, which was about ten times! The lake behind us is overflowing, but we are up high and safe from flooding. Debris from the trees is all over the streets and yards, a few small trees toppled over, a few pool screen cages down, but nothing severe. I feel badly for all the people north and south of us who had it so much worse than we did. Now Fay is in the area where my daughter lives (in Tallahassee.)
We were even able to go out this afternoon, I was able to keep my appointment to get my hair cut (it's been six weeks!) We also went for a Chinese lunch! Good to get out after being inside for two days!
I always hesitate to boast about answered prayers since it could hurt someones feeling about why weren't their prayers answered in the same way?! It remains a mystery, but I am so thankful and grateful we were protected from damage! I'm also thankful for all of you who prayed for us.
I forgot to explain about the poor quality of the Show and Tell photos of the ABC books below. It was difficult to get the pictures since the plastic page protectors caused a shine on the pages, we had to take the pictures without the flash. We were also getting ready to leave and didn't have time to work much with them!

Katherine

11 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

So glad you are ok and you suffered no damages! We were in Hawaii when Flossie hit. We were not in any danger...but that was scary enough!

Cottage Rose said...

So happy to hear that you are all ok. I will keep your daughter in prayer for her and her family for safety during the storm. Have a great weekend.

Hugs;
Alaura

Love Bears All Things said...

Happy you're safe and didn't suffer damage in the storm. We've finally gotten some rain.
Mama Bear

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Katherine, I tagged you. I hope you haven't already done this meme.

Cathy said...

Thank God for His protection and for answering prayers. I like your picture.

Charlotte said...

So glad the storm is over for you. I'm glad we don't live where those kinds of storms come. We have monsoons but they are usually not too bad. In fact, we welcome them because they bring a little rain. Sometimes they bring a lot of rain, at least it is a lot for his area. We do get lots of sunshine though. Today's high was 107.
Have a great week.

Kathy said...

So glad Fay is gone and your home and family are fine, Katherine. A blessing. Fay certainly did not want to leave! My brother lives in Florida and got a ton of rain. Hopefully, the hurrican season is behind us.
Kathy

Betty said...

Katherine, thank you for letting us know how you are doing. I am thankful that you were protected.

Alice said...

Thank goodness you made it through the hurricane without damage. I've only experienced two of them and both were more about flooding than wind.

Adrienne said...

Hi Katherine -
I'm so thankful you and your hubby were OK. What a scarey storm. But you were right in the best spot - held safe in God's hand.

Watch later today for the 'reveal' of my new yellow pretty. I know you'll like it. Good thing we weren't shopping together!
~Adrienne~

La Tea Dah said...

I am so glad that all is well and the storm has moved on. Such stress and anxiety in waiting!

LaTeaDah