Saturday

Marian

Today would have been Marian’s birthday. Marian is my husband’s Mother. I never had the pleasure of meeting Marian, but wish I had. She died before Joe and I met. I have heard wonderful things about her from her son, and her daughter. She was a beautiful person inside and out. She became a young widow when her husband died unexpectedly at age 51. She didn’t drive or know how to do the family finances, but quickly learned. Eventually she moved to another town to help her divorced daughter with her small children and be guardian to another grandchild. During her latter years Marian had breast cancer, then a brain tumor. She lived to be 82 years old.

This photo is displayed on an end table in our living room, I think Marian is so lovely in her polka dot dress and pearl earrings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely lady Marian is. I'm sorry you never got to meet her; I'm certain you would have enjoyed a special friendship.
~Bluebirds & Roses~