Wednesday

Lemon Curd

  • Lemon Curd!
  • Today I'm preparing for the tea party Friday. I washed all my yellow depression glass collection. I display it on my tea cart which is also yellow with yellow roses painted on it. I use the tea cart to serve from at the teas, so today I found another place to display my yellow depression glass temporarily. I will also use some of the serving pieces at the tea.

    Another time I will share a photo of my yellow rose tea cart and my yellow depression glass.

    I made the lemon curd and have it in the refrigerator, we will have to restrain ourselves to keep from eating it before the tea party! I love anything lemon! Lemon flavor is my second favorite, chocolate being my very favorite!!

    This is the recipe I use, it is very easy, just takes six minutes in the microwave.

    Lemon Curd
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 cup fresh or frozen lemon juice
    3 eggs, beaten
    1 stick butter, melted

    Melt butter, let cool slightly. In a glass bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add sugar and lemon juice to eggs, stir, then add the melted butter and mix well.

    Microwave 3 minutes, remove and stir with wisk. Microwave 3 more minutes, wisk. Repeat if necessary. Don't forget that mixture will thicken when it cools.
    Recipe from Magnolia & Ivy Tea Room cookbook

No comments: