Tuesday

Fruits of the Spirit

Fruits of the Spirit

The Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Galatians 5:22, 23.

How does your garden grow?

It is a matter of taking a long, hard look at the garden of my life. What is it producing? What kind of crops are coming from it? Is the Master satisfied? Is He getting what He hoped to produce? Have His efforts been in vain or is there a bountiful yield? The yield of eternal fruitage is directly proportional to the degree in which my life is yielded to Him. The more I am available and open, the more active He becomes in any given area of my life.
John the Baptist, speaking about his relationship to Christ, put it pungently when he declared boldly: “He (Christ) must increase, but I must decrease” John 3:30. If we wish to see an increase in the fruits of God’s own Spirit in our lives then it can come about only in this way. There is no other formula for fruitage. It is He and only He by His increasing presence within who can guarantee good production in generous proportion.

“On that day, the pleasant vineyard, sing about it I, the Lord, am its keeper, I water it every moment, lest anyone harm it, night and day I guard it.” --Isaiah 27:2, 3.

I have more on this study of the Fruits of the Spirit if you would like a copy I will send it to you.

No comments: