Monday

January's new decor


Happy New Year!
I had planned to post myChristmas decorations, but never did as we had a sad occurence before Christmas, halting a lot of prior plans. My best friend for the past 53 years went to be with the Lord on Christmas Eve. We will miss her very much, but take comfort in knowing we will meet again in Heaven as we are all believers. 
To help cheer myself up after Christmas I decided to add some new colors to my color scheme in our family room and breakfast nook.

I found the new colors inspiration in this cute pillow that I found before Christmas at Tuesday Morning for only about $6.88!
An unusual color combo of red, orange and green!

One of my Christmas gifts was this red, orange and green throw (by Ralph Lauren)

This past year we had two of these cane back chair cushions covered
 in this pretty fabric, so it fit right in!

I also already had this garden stool that has some orange:

I went to Hobby Lobby and Michael's and bought some bright, pretty faux flowers in orange, reds and yellow. Keep in mind we live in sunny Florida and these colors work well during the winter!

When looking through my Valentine decorations I found these red candlesticks.

 Also found this cute little orange bird!
I have to buy more candles.
See our "Alexa" Dot Echo some of our family members gave us.
It is so much fun!

Here's the coffee table centerpiece I made:

I promised it another one of those big orange/yellow peonies,
they are half-price again this week!

Here's the centerpiece I made for the glass top table in the breakfast nook:


I also used the magnolias from before:

While in the breakfast nook I'll show you the other floral arrangement on the gateleg table:


 I love faux flowers!
 If you are a "fresh flower snob" dont' come to our house! LOL!
I found that pretty bird vase many years ago at the Lake Eola Craft Show in Orlando, FL

The bowl of beaded fruit also ties in the colors.
This is on an end table (console) beside the recliner.











 We are enjoying the cheerful colors, they have made a difference. I hope you have enjoyed them as well, especially if you have snow in your state now! Here in FL we are having a very pleasant winter with breakfast on the lanai and only long sleeves, maybe a sweater! No complaints, we love it!

I'm joining Susan's Met. Monday, click on her name for lots more fun.

God Bless!
Katherine

4 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Loving all of your cheerful pretties Katherine. We really don't know what winter is here in Florida do we? I love a good winter spat but only as long as I have heat. LOL! I am sorta getting in the beach mode though.....Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Adrienne said...

I am so sorry you lost your best friend, Kathy. My heart goes out to you and I know God is holding you close as you walk the path of grief. Bringing bright, pretty colors into your decor was a great idea. Everything looks wonderful and there's nothing like color to cheer the soul.
~Adrienne~

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Play Bazaar said...

satta king

satta king You should have a balanced intake of antioxidants, perhaps inflammatory medication and antioxidants.