Sunday

Mother's Day with Little Red Truck

 Happy Mother's Day to my mother, Geneva (Genny) Mitchell Drake, who is now in Heaven.

Little Red Truck is featured in this Mother's Day tribute because the automobile my mother is sitting on looks similar to the truck. Granted, it is probably a car, but today let's say it's a truck!


Here's all of the picture I cropped and made a copy of  and 
enlarged to 5x7 so it would fit into the metal frame (from Hobby Lobby) 
This picture was taken before 1935, before my parents married. There's also a picture of my dad and his friend like this one, but today is a tribute to Mother's Day! Genny is with her best friend, Lois.  

I dried these beautiful red roses recently, just by letting them air dry.

I bought the red place mats just because I knew I could use them with Little Red Truck.

Maybe I'll turn this into a centerpiece of a tablescape since
I have the placemats. We just returned from vacation
and I'm short on time! Check back by the end of the week
to see the tablescape!



View from the top:

I had fun playing with the pictures, here's one in black and white:

And one in sepia:



I hope you are having a wonderful Mother's Day!
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Katherine

2 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

There's that sweet little red truck. Oh love the picture of your mama. How precious. Hope you are doing well. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Adrienne said...

Your little red truck is darling! I passed up a great little yellow truck a few years ago - and I've regretted it every since! I've been enjoying yours, my friend.
~Adrienne~