Tuesday

Old Country Roses - Topiary

 As promised, I did a tablescape using my Old Country Roses (OCR) Topiary salad plates.

I have done several OCR tablescapes and used different colored tablecloths - burgundy, white, spring green, Here are a couple of old pics with those colors (not good quality tho.)

I have never used a gold tablecloth with them, so here you go - a gold tablecloth!


The gold-leafed chargers go well with the gold tablecloth. I've had them for years, they came from Pier 1. My daughters gave them to me and I've always loved them, they are ceramic, the metal ones hadn't started then!

The topiary plates come in two designs, this one with green in the border.


And this one with more burgundy in the border.


There's a third one, but the topiary is in the shape of a Christmas tree (see below:)


Since it's the Easter season I decided to use the OCR bunnies in the centerpiece.



How cute is this!  This OCR bunny is a teapot!

The two small OCR bunnies are salt and pepper shakers:


Miss Salty:


And Mr. Pepper:


I had this tablescape up for a while, even before we went on our recent vacation. That's why I used the gold tablecloth, since it was still cold weather and not spring yet! I ran out of time and didn't get it posted before we left for vacation. Then it was time to post the St. Pat's Day tablescape. Better late, than never!




Which is your favorite design? The green border?

Or more of the burgundy?




The napkins are by Royal Albert, the Old Country Roses design.


I really like them!


I'm linking to the following parties, thanks for hosting, ladies!


Susan's Tablescape Thursday
Alma's Seasonal Sundayswww.thetablescaper.blogspot.com
Click on their names to visit them.

 Take a seat, let's eat!

                    Or maybe you prefer this plate design:



How do you like the gold tablecloth with the Old Country Roses china? It really looks better in person!

 Have a great day!


Katherine

12 comments:

gibbygoo56 said...

Happy Spring Katherine!
I adore your china. I have the Seasons of Color Red place settings and some of the accent salads and mugs but none of the OCR. I've known the Seasons of Color pieces are made to coordinate with OCR but have none. They are GORGEOUS together! I am thrilled by the site of them together. Now I'm going to have to add OCR to my table. Thank you so much for showing me how gorgeous these work together. May God bless you and yours! Pamela

Marilyn Miller said...

Really pretty in each and every way.

Creations By Cindy said...

Love this china....Your tablescape is beautiful! I have got to get busy and do new tablescape and put up the St. Patty's day stuff! WHEW...so much to do! Love the bunny. He is adorable! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Debbie said...

I think it looks really pretty with the gold. It's not so obvious, if that makes sense, and I like tables that aren't predictable and obvious. The gold does it here. I love both borders on the topiary plates, but my favorite is the green because I just generally love green.

I missed your St. Patrick's table. I missed EVERYONE's table and never did one of my own.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Katherine, this is so pretty! My BFFs daughter has this pattern, but I don't know if she has the topiary plates. I need to remember this for Christmas.

I can't believe the bunny was a teapot! He is quite the find, and I love your terrarium. I have a wooden one that I keep planning to use in a tablescape. Hopefully soon!

Thanks for sharing this pretty 'scape with us!

xoxoxo

Sheila

xinex said...

Gorgeous tablescape, Katherine. I really like those plates...Christine

Elizabeth said...

I am a lover of OCR too ! I love your tablescape!

Anonymous said...

I am officially in love with every element of this table. Those salad plates are diving, the bunnies, the napkins...it is all gorgeous.

The Tablescaper said...

So pretty.

Great to have you be a part of SEASONAL SUNDAYS.

- Alma, The Tablescaper

Marigene said...

Katherine, those salad plates are gorgeous, such a versatile pattern...it would also be wonderful for a Christmas table, too. Cute little bunnies!
Have a great week.

Rosie M. said...

I really like your table, and have to admit I'm partial to the green pattern salad plate. You've convinced me OCR is a versatile set; I didn't know about the salad plates, but I love the options they give while using this pattern. I shall be giving the set a second look from now on!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Nancy's Notes said...

What a beautiful and colorful tablescape! Each detail is just awesome! I'm crazy about OCR!!