Wednesday

Valentine Tablescape

I wanted to do a Valentine tablescape, but didn't have a clue of what to do. I started looking around the house for something to use and found all this!


I've had this silhouette picture a few years, but don't think I've ever used it on my blog

I bought it at an antique shop in Cocoa Beach, FL while on vacation. It isn't an antique as they had lots of them all in different designs. I had a hard time deciding which one to buy!

It works well for this centerpiece, don't you think?

I have square red chargers and red polka dot square plates so I started to "build" a place setting with those.
 I added a square black plate and red heart shaped ramkins. Red voltines are inside them now, but I'm going to make brownies in them tomorrow!

I layered a red tablecloth and this lace tablecloth:

Can you see the tiny heart cutouts on the red tablecloth?

I think I bought both of these tablecloths at Ross years ago.


The "crystal" is from Dollar Tree




Some of the faux red roses are also from Dollar Tree

 

 Instead of putting a rose on the napkins I placed them beside the ramkins


 
 I'm very happy with how this red, black and white Valentine tablescape came together!
 We aren't having guests for dinner, but we are enjoying seeing this tablescape daily
 I'm joining Kathleen's Let's Dish , Susan's Tablescape Thursday, and The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday. Click on their names for lots more inspiration.




I hope you enjoyed my Valentine Tablescape.
Happy Valentine's Day!


Katherine

9 comments:

Marlis said...

So very pretty. I love the lace overlay on the red. I do love the picture and the red flowers too.. Happy Valentine's, xo marlis

Entertaining Women said...

I really like your Valentine's table because I think that men would be comfortable with your design, as well as women. That's a hard challenge to overcome. Well done! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Hayu Maselli said...

Dearest Katherine,

So simply Romantic and gorgeous. So elegant table scape. I those all in black and red.Perfect match!.
Wishing you a Romantic Valentine Day to you and family
Warmly hug

A Romantic Porch said...

That is simply gorgeous. I absolutely adore sillhouettes and yours is beautiful.

I need you to come decorate my table for our dinner tonight!
xo rachel

Chubby Chieque said...

Hello Lady K,

Very sofisticated settings. Red & black is one of my fave color combo.

Happy VD,
/CC girl

Marigene said...

Katherine, very dramatic table with the touches of black...love it. I love those polka dotted plates.

Debbie said...

LOVE LOVE the picture inspiration. The use of the black with the red on this table is so pretty and something I would never have thought to do.

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

A Romantic Porch said...

Katherine dear, I believe you should blog your Valentine story!

It was such a loving gesture.

Just sayin'.

xo rachel

Rosemary said...

So festive and fun! Hope you had a good Valentine's Day!