Tuesday

Charleston

My two daughters and I just returned from Charleston, SC where we went to celebrate my oldest daughter, Alyson, special birthday! We did this a month earlier than her birthday which is the end of September.

Here is where we stayed:
It's located downtown Charleston on Ashley Street. It's a typical Charleston home with the porch on the side. I've always wondered what they look like on the inside!

We enjoyed touring the beautiful city of Charleston, seeing the carriages:
The gorgeous homes:

Seeing the iron fences and gates Charleston is so famous for:



The window boxes:

Rainbow Row:

Shopping King Street:

Shopping the Market on Market Street:

Eating at the wonderful restaurants:
Poogan's Porch (on Queen Street)

Wish we had taken a picture of the giant biscuits they served! We also had She-Crab Soup, and Shrimp and Grits, a must have when you go to Charleston!Ashleigh, on the left, Alyson, on the right.

(Another server insisted on taking a picture with our server with us!)

Another meal at Hominy Grill (below) on Rutledge Street
We both ordered vegetable plates (with four veggies) and the huge wedge of cornbread was served with it, along with boiled peanuts! We shared the veggies, here's what we had: Fried Cheese Grits Patties, Okra and Tomatoes, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Squash Casserole, Macaroni and Cheese (made with white cheddar and parmesan) Slaw, Crowder Peas and Rice, and Tomato Pudding (which was new to us, and was delicious!) It was all good!


This was the highlight of our trip, and the reason we went a month earlier than her birthday:
A Beth Moore Conference!
That's her on the stage and on the screen. She is a marvelous Christian teacher, speaker, and author! She has many books, DVDs, etc., and travels often to different states for these conferences. Nine thousand attended this one, so that shows you how popular she is! She also has a praise team with about ten musicians who travel with her. The praise music was wonderful, I wanted to buy all of his CDs! He is Travis Cottrell (and he sounds a little like Josh Groban!) That's him below on the keyboard, on the left.

and on the screen below:

We sat on the second level
The conference was Friday night and Saturday till noon

More excitement was when we were included in a group picture of her blog members and got to see her up close! (This was after the conference ended.)

She is beautiful inside, and out!
and wears the cutest clothes!

If you ever have the opportunity to go to one of Beth Moore's conferences, we highly recommend you go! Or buy her books and/or DVDs, - very inspirational.

It was so nice spending several days with my two daughters! We don't live in the same town and I don't get to see them very often :-(


Oh, I did two photo albums of Alyson's childhood pictures to surprise her with. They enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading the journaling!

We were truly blessed with this trip, everything went so well, the weather was nice, etc. God's Hand was in it all and we thank Him and praise Him for His Goodness!!

Two years ago my two daughters took me to Savannah to celebrate a milestone birthday, it was then that we planned a trip somewhere to celebrate Alyson's special birthday. She chose to go here so we could go to the Beth Moore Conference. I am so thankful to the Lord for having children who want to do this type thing and enjoy Christian activities!! PTL!

Katherine


More pictures of the house!



14 comments:

LTD said...

What a special time to spend with your daughters!!! Looks like an amazing city!!! So pretty!! Loved all of your photos.

Janet

Marilyn Miller said...

Lovely! This is a place I would love to visit someday.

A Hint of Home said...

Hey, Katherine,
We love Charleston! Sarah was at the conference. I had her kids.
So glad you got to attend.
Please tell me the name of the house you stayed in and if you would recommend it.
Take care! Hugs!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Wow, you have had some fun girl time haven't you?? I love Charleston...all those houses and gates...fabulous!!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh Katherine, What a special and meaningful trip you had! Love, love, love that you get to spend time with your girls like this! Love all the pics. Makes me wanna load up and go visit Charleston! Yes, I too enjoy Beth Moore. She is a wonderful Christian teacher and writer. I have taught so many of her studies. I am doing a series of her teaching video's this fall for about 10 weeks! EXCITED! So glad you shared your memories with us of this wonderful time. Happy early birthday to your girl! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Breathing In Grace said...

The Charleston area is one of my most favorite. I've often said that if I could move anywhere I would <3 to live in Mt. Pleasant! That big ole bridge does scare the heebie-jeebies out of me, though!!! ;-) Thank you so much for linking up to my Fantastic Friday party!!! HOPE you have a great weekend!!

Custom Comforts said...

I love Charleston!!! My favorite city in the whole country. Haven't been there in years, so I truly enjoyed seeing your pictures. Sounds like you had a wonderfully blessed time with your girls. Thanks for sharing.
Cindy

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Oh I would love to tour this house and all of Charleston. Love the iron work in the fencing and gates.

Liz said...

Great pictures! Charleston is beautiful! Liz

Mary said...

Charleston is my favorite place to visit~ we were there celebrating our anniversary two weekends ago! I love to walk and sneak a peak thru the gates and catch a glimpse of the courtyard gardens and of course EAT! We haven't been to Hominy Grill~ we'll have to try it on our next visit :)

Cottage and Broome said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! Charleston is a beautiful city and the food is so yummy. Have a great weekend, Laura

Deanna said...

Howdy Katherine. I'm getting ready to go to a Beth Moore Event in a few weeks. May it be a blessing to everyone that attends. I live in a teeny tiny community that will be simulcasting this event at one of the churches.

Glad you and your girls had a terrific time!

God bless,
d

Linda Jennings said...

A perfect celebration of your daughter's birthday!

The Tablescaper said...

Charleston is a great place! Love the architecture.

Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays. Looking forward to having you with me this Sunday.

- The Tablescaper