Sunday

Celebrity Cook-Along - Paula Deen


I'm joining in with Lynn's Celebrity Cook-Along, featuring Paula Deen. I just made this Chicken Divan Casserole today! I didn't have any curry powder and my friend loaned me some. I also invited her to join us. This recipe is in the Paula Deen and Friends cookbook.


It turned out really good!
You can also use the same recipe to make Chicken Florentine substituting spinach for the broccoli.

Thanks for hosting, Lynn! Click on her name for lots more delicious Paula Deen recipes!

Here's the recipe, I hope you like it as much as we do:

Chicken Divan

Ingredients

  • 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen broccoli, chopped
  • 6 cups shredded chicken, cooked
  • 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Remove the outer wrappers from the boxes of broccoli. Open 1 end of each box. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes, until thawed. Drain the broccoli and put into a casserole dish. Add the shredded chicken.

In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, Cheddar, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper, to taste, and wine. Whisk together to make a sauce. Pour the sauce over the broccoli and chicken. Mix well with a spatula.

Place the mixture into an 11 by 7-inch casserole dish or 2 (9-inch) square disposable aluminum foil pans that have been sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray. Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula. Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the top.

Bake for about 30 to 45 minutes.

Cook's Note: Try topping with Cheddar or Gruyere cheese.

Katherine

Try it!

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Katherine! How fun that your friend lent you the curry powder then stopped over to enjoy dinner! I call that a win-win:@) Thanks so much for joining the Cook-Along!

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful Katherine and I love love love your vintage pyrex baking dish. I have the mixing bowls that match. Some green with white flowers and some white with green flowers. Absolutely love them and use them all the time.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Katherine,that looks so good,wish I had some right now.
~Jo
LazyonLoblolly

Kathleen said...

It looks delicious, K. You are so nice and trim you can eat Paula's recipes with no problems!!
It's not that I don't like her recipes, just too much fat in them! I would love to be able to eat like that though .

A Hint of Home said...

How are you KK?
This looks like a yummy dish!
Thanks for sharing it with us!
Hugs!

Lallee said...

Kathy, that looks and sounds delicious. I'm glad you shared the recipe. Can't go wrong with Paula Deen.

Thank you so much for your kind comment on the loss of our little Baggins recently. It is appreciated more than you could know. We are slowly healing from the loss.

Jacqueline said...

It is midnight and you have me salivating. This sounds so delish!! What a fun meal. I loved the Paula party too! I am seriously into making more of her recipes although I did have a major failure on a cake - it ended up in the trash with delicious frosting and filling but the cake was a brick!

Love Bears All Things said...

Looks divine...The book would make a nice Christmas gift if it has similar recipes in it....Maybe you'll post about others if you try them.

Its hot again in Huntsville...supposed to reach 89 today...have I mentioned that I dislike summer..
Mama Bear

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Dear Katherine~ I've got a favor to ask...I would like to invite you over for a visit to see a very special post I've written. I would love it if you could take a few moments to stop by.
Thank you sweet friend,
Sara