Monday

Table Top Tuesday


Thanks to Marty for hosting Table Top Tuesday! Click on her name for lots more inspiration.

To celebrate Holy Week I'm sharing a few crosses from my collection, plus the crown of thorns.
A large metal cross hangs high up in the hall to the master bedroom.

My childhood bible
The twig cross was made by a friend many years ago.
Twig cross displayed in a large cloche

with roses, lace, pearls, and a pink baby's bible.


I always liked this cross with the single rose.


Yellow Rosary with this yellow vignette:

The crown of thorns was made by my husband from our bouganvillia bush several years ago.
I try to decorate it a little differently each year. The nail (above) was given to us at our church a few years ago.

The plastic nail (below) I found in Savannah last year.
This says it all:


I experienced with different colors and tones.







Katherine

6 comments:

Entertaining Women said...

A heart felt labor of love. Thank you for sharing your beautiful vignettes. Cherry Kay

Jacqueline said...

Katherine, what beautiful table tops. I love the crown of thorns and the nails. I would never have thought to do that, but that just speaks volumes doesn't it. At church on Sunday they were singing the song "His Hands" and it was two female cousins who were singing so they blended so well. The song goes, "They pierced him, they pierced him, he let them, because of love..." I just started to weep. Your vignettes make me think of that. We have a beautiful painting in the living room of Christ dressed in a purple robe with the crown of thorns on. What a beautiful sacrifice for us.

Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog! I am not too young anymore!

Unknown said...

No Greater Love! What a beautiful blog.

I am a new follower to your blog.

Have a wondrous day!

Kathy

Rettabug said...

How touching, Katherine! You've done a wonderful job of capturing the true reason for the season.
I,too, still have my childhood bible. I think I will do a post with it & the beautiful rosary that my father gave to me on my wedding day.
Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

Have a Blessed Easter!

La Tea Dah said...

Happy Easter, Katherine. I enjoyed your beautiful post today. It is sobering, yet shares such a beautiful and loving story.

LaTeaDah

Tablescapes By Diane said...

I lovely lady.
I wish you and your love family a Happy Easter ~~~ Thanks so much for your lovely post.
xxoo
Diane