Monday

Victoria - A Return to Loveliness

I have wanted to participate weekly in Kathy's Victoria meme, but as yet have only been able to post once. Go here to Kathy's Delightsome Life blog for lots of memories each week of the first Victoria magazines!

I finally found my Victoria Premiere issue, it was separated from the others, and was in a magazine rack right near my computer!

Since I haven't been available to read the previous posts, I'm not sure if anyone has already posted about this premiere issue.
It was published 1987 Spring/Summer, and cost $1.95! What a bargain as it is jam-packed with so many goodies!

The yearly subscription was only $5.99!

A nice article about a tea cup collector, this was back before so many people were collecting tea cups and tea pots!
"Favorite Things" -- All Whites

"Design Studio" -- With a Finishing Flourish Creative, Imaginative Touches
(Above) Notice the cloche, cake cover, displaying a miniature house! Marty, they were way ahead of us here!

Remember all the pretty models?
There's an eight-page article on straw hats!

On page 33 is a Welcome to Victoria message:
Maybe you can click on it to read the message:

What a lovely magazine!
If no one else has reviewed this first issue and you would like to see more of the articles, I will take more pictures and review it with you, just let me know!

I hope you enjoyed reading about Victoria Premiere issue!

Have a happy day!

God Bless.

Katherine

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Hello Katherine! Welcome! Thanks for sharing your Premier issue and what you liked in it! It was/is a treasure!
I love so many of the things in the first few issues - it evoked such a sense of femininity!
I am so glad you found your copy! I remember when I had set mine aside and then couldn't find it!
Looking forward to all you share in the future!
God Bless,
Kathy

The Charm of Home said...

I have never seen this. I did not realize it was put out by Good Housekeeping. What a treasure! Thanks for sharing this with us. Enjoyed!
Sherry

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Katherine, what a fabulous thing to have such a premier copy of this magazine. It does look like it is full of all kind of great eye candy and inspiration. Yes, they really were ahead of the game using the cake cover as a "cloche". Great magazine. I know you are enjoying looking at it all over again. Hugs, Marty

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

How wonderful you have your premier issue. I have had to part with so many of my magazines due to moves...but I am a magazine lover!!

Slice of Pie said...

Thanks for sharing ... I'm loving these posts!

Charlotte said...

Victoria is my very favorite magazine. I was so glad when they started publishing it again. I must go look and see if I have this first edition. I have a shelf in the guestroom closet filled up with these magazines. What I like about them is they are never outdated. And, of course, I love the style.
I really like your header picture.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What a delight to have that very first issue. I don't think I discovered this magazine until after I was married in 1990. Wish I'd kept some of my mine. Thanks for sharing.

A Hint of Home said...

What a beautiful magazine! I haven't seen it before. It looks simple lovely. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Designing Lady Jane said...

How very charming, the first issue! I didn't realize it was put out by Good Housekeeping either.How sweet that you've kept it all these years, that is the mark of a real fan, and a true Victoria lady.

Marilyn Miller said...

Thanks for sharing. I loved seeing it.