Wednesday

Tablescape Thursday - Tree Tea Party

Inspiration for this Tree Tea Party comes from my Old Country Roses "Seasons of Color" plates. This plate design is a OCR Topiary Tree.

Thanks to Susan for hosting Tablescape Thursdays weekly! Go here for lots more inspiration.

I have a tea time tree in the dining room with many small tea cups, tea pots, etc. on it, so this tree is also inspiration for the tree tea party.

I have a Tea Room Village set up in the dining room as well:

What better time for a tea party than right after Christmas, tea parties are very relaxing!

I used this large gold mercury glass vase for the centerpiece,
filling it with red and yellow silk roses.

The gold doesn't show up well since the reflection from the tablecloth is on it!
The two shoes filled with roses are candles!

Each place setting has a gold charger, Old Country Roses plate, and a Seasons of Color salad plate, an Old Country Roses tea cup and crystal water goblet.

The napkins have pink and red roses similar to the OCR rose pattern on the dishes.

My Old Country Roses tea pot serves Holiday Tea to the guests

Won't you join us for tea?


Where would you like to sit?

I had planned to show close-ups of the mini ornaments on the tree, and close-ups of the Tea Room village, plus some of my other small tea rooms and mini tea sets, but I ran out of time!

My husband and I spent the afternoon and evening on a fun date, first we went to the movies and saw "Blind Side." We highly recommend you see this movie, it is wonderful! Very inspiring!

After the movie he took me to Hobby Lobby! Then we went to Applebee's for the "Two for Twenty" special! A very enjoyable time together (to see my sweet hubby, scroll down to the next message!)

It was 9:30 when we got home and I still had to load the tea party pictures, etc. This is why I'm "late" posting, and why I decided to omit the close-up pictures. I will post them this weekend if you would like to return to see them.

I hope you enjoyed my Old Country Roses Topiary Tree Tea Party!

Have a Happy New Year!
God Bless.

Katherine

24 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Beautiful! I love your Old Country Roses --- and your tea room village --- and your lovely tea tree.

Are we twins? I think so!!!!

Happy New Year, Katherine!

LaTeaDah

Sarah said...

Your layers of plates are lovely. The Seasons of Color salad plates are the perfect topper!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I would like to sit as close to that gorgeous teapot as possible. The whole table is gorgeous. I love the deep colors! Glad you had a good day with hubs! Happy New Year!

Lady Katherine said...

I just adore the tree! I love Old Country Roses! I been collecting the oldest set off Ebay, still need more dinner plates. Your table is so lovely. I'd love a cup of tea with a little milk please.

Maryrose said...

Hi Katherine,
Love your table. Oh so pretty colors. I was very into gold this year.
Enjoy and healthy Happy New Year
Maryrose

Duchess of Tea said...

Happy & Blessed New Year Katherine darling. Wishing you and yours good health, much happiness and vast fortune in the new year.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

All of your decorations and your tablescape are just lovely. It has been a thrill to visit your blog this past year and view all of your wonderful posts full of creativity and inspiration. I hope you have a very Blessed and Happy New Year. Hugs, Marty

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

You put together a beautiful table. I adore your dishes. They say family to me.. It has been a pleasure getting to visit your blog this past year.. Happy New Year.. hugs ~lynne~

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Old Country Roses is always so calssic and pretty -- any time of year! Happy New Years.

Eileen said...

Old Country Roses are the prettiest plates I've ever seen! They make a beautiful Christmas tablescape! Really a very pretty table!

Blessings in the New Year!
All the best,
Eileen

Jeanette said...

Your old country roses are just too pretty. The shoe candles are so cute. Happy New Year.

Vivian said...

How pretty and inspiring is that! Thank you. The rose dishes are beautiful.

Love Bears All Things said...

Very pretty. I went to TJMaxx yesterday to look at their plates. It was a mess, they were busy straightening shelves and restocking so it was hard to see what they had. I think I'll go back next week and see if the marked down some square plates I liked.
Mama Bear

Marigene said...

Truly a beautiful table...the china is gorgeous. Happy New Year!

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Katherine~ This is such a perfect setting for a spot of tea. The old country rose teapot and dishes are gorgeous.
I've no doubt it's beauty enhances the flavor of the tea.
The rich tones in the tablescape is so warm and inviting. I would love to be a guest at your table.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Rettabug said...

I have always loved the Old Country Roses pattern & I would kill for that teapot!! It is exquisite!
I have Claudia crystal stemware that looks exactly like yours, too. Very old & very delicate but it wasn't expensive when I bought it about 30 yrs. ago. ;-)

We are looking forward to seeing the same movie & your Applebee's date sounds just perfect.
Happy New Year!

jninecostumes said...

This is beautiful! Lovely colors and the evening out sounds great.

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

This is such a lovely table! I also collect Old Country Roses, but I don't have the Christmas plates. They look great. I also LOVE those cute little candle shoes. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Katherine...gorgeous table...ove the mix of china that you used...it's all so perfect together! Yes, I'd love to see the closeup of your tree...what a cute idea for a tree. :-) I just love that you even have a tea room village...how perfect is that for your dining room! Happy New Year!
Hugs,
susan

Marilyn Miller said...

Very pretty Old Country Roses with the Topiary Tree. What a lovely tea party.

Tina Leigh said...

I am sorry to hear about the condition of you SIL. I hope the family gets to have quality time with her before she passes and that your husband is at peace about it all....it's hard no matter what. Prayers for your family.

Duchess of Tea said...

Hello Katherine darling, I do hope you had a wonderful time ringing in the New Year and that 2010 turns out to be the best year of your life, followed by many more. Thanks for all your visits and sweet comments; you are a dear friend...a treasure.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Anonymous said...

I love your OCR Christmas tablescape. Your OCR is gorgeous with the gold charger and the Christmas Salad plate. Beautiful table!!!

Janet

Susan said...

Katherine , I have the old country rose china also.......I just have the basic set for now, some accessories pieces, my next goal is the teapot.
I used my set at Christmas with red chargers.