Friday

Fleur de lis Signs

This one was on Decatur Street, on the Mississippi River.

These Fleur de lis handpainted signs were in several places in the French Quarter, and I suppose throughout the city. I saw another one, but was on the tour bus and couldn't take a picture. I'm thinking these could be for a contest or fundraiser. Several years ago we were in Chicago and they had painted cows all over the city. Then when we were in San Francisco there were creative hearts everywhere (I left my heart in SF!) Recently I saw a painted jaguar statue in Jacksonville (FL.) Jacksonville has the famous ball team named Jaguars. The one above was in front of the police station, on Royal Street.

This one was also on Decatur Street, near the Mississippi River. (Beyond the steps, is the Mississippi River.)

No comments: