Thursday

Good Morning, Glory!

This morning glory tea pot is special to me as it represents a generous kindness. The youth group at our church was having a rummage sale to raise money for a trip. I spotted this lovely tea pot and asked how much? The young man said, "whatever you want to donate." I was excited to think I could get a tea pot for about $5.00! My husband was with me and he handed him a twenty dollar bill! I am the bargain hunter, but he is very generous, especially when it comes to church functions or charities.

The book the tea pot is sitting on is one of my favorite books, "Morning Glory" by Lavyrle Spencer. It is a beautiful love story set in the 40s. My mother gave me the book about 20 years ago, it had been one of her favorites as well. Mother is no longer living, I always think of her every time I see this book.

One of my friends saw a picture of this tea pot recently and liked it so much she looked on Ebay and found one just like it, and won it at a great price! It is a Telefloral tea pot.

Open your hearts every morning to the Lord. You have to be open to receive Him.

No comments: