Wednesday

Topsy-Turvy

Do you ever feel like your life is topsy-turvy? I feel like this a lot. I make big plans for my day, then something comes along to change those plans. This happened today. I had my day all planned out, then we received a phone call at 9 a.m. this morning. My husband's 35-year-old son had to go to the emergency room for what turned out to be a kidney stone. We had to drive to Orlando which is almost two hours from where we live. He was released this afternoon with meds, etc. and is feeling much better. After we took him home and got him situated we headed home. We did decide to do something pleasant with the rest of the day and called our friends to meet us for dinner. They live in another town and we haven't seen them in a while. I also used the long driving time to phone another friend and catch up with her. It's good to take bad situations and try to turn them into good. Sometimes the Lord has other plans for us, and he "causes all things to work together for good, for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose" (my paraphrase.) Romans 8:28

I hope to take some photos tomorrow to use on my blog. Thanks for being patient with me. Oh, I forgot to take my camera today, I wish I had because my friend has some great collections I would have liked to photograph.

Thanks to all of you who joined us in prayer for little Poppy's family, please keep praying.

Katherine

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh yes, my life gets topsy-turvy all the time! I would love to have a ho-hum, routine kind of life. At least I think I would. I'm so glad you could be there for your husband's son. And time with a friend. I was just on the phone with a friend and we were discussing life's twists and turns that surprise us when we least expect them. We just have to know that God knows where we are - even when we feel that we're upside down! ~Adrienne~

Alice said...

How fortunate for your husband's son that you and his dad were able to go to him in the hospital. There is a certain comfort that only comes from having our family close. I hope he's back on his feet soon.

A Hint of Home said...

You're right, our day can change in an instant sometimes.
I know first hand how your step-son feels. Not a pleasant experience. I hope he passes it soon.

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Katherine; I have those days every day, well it seems like that any way. I am happy to hear that your hubby's son is doing better, last month I had to do the same thing with my daughter, it was awful watching her in such pain, but she make it through. I will be praying for him and Poppy's family, they are always near to me in thought and prayer.
hugs;
Alaura

Mary said...

Katherine,

Yes, Grandma always said to take the lemons of life and make lemonade. It isn't always easy, but unless you do, life can be very stressful.

I'm glad that all ended well and that you were able to meet your friends for dinner. That would have made your trip more enjoyable.

I have posted about Poppy on my blog and am keeping the family in my prayers.

Blessings,
Mary

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Kathy I'm glad Joe's son is ok... I hear it's terribly painful to go thru!

My heart aches for little Poppy's family.