Wednesday

Old Country Roses Christmas Table

Since my Christmas dinner table will look almost like this I'm re-posting a tablescape I did last December 30, 2009. (I haven't set my table yet, we are still enjoying the White Christmas tablescape I posted last week (here.)

Thanks to Susan for hosting Tablescape Thursdays weekly! Go here for lots more inspiration.

Inspiration for this Tree Tea Party comes from my Old Country Roses "Seasons of Color" plates. This plate design is a OCR Topiary Tree.


Posted December 30, 2009:

I have a tea time tree in the dining room with many small tea cups, tea pots, etc. on it, so this tree is also inspiration for the tree tea party.

I have a Tea Room Village set up in the dining room as well:

What better time for a tea party than right after Christmas, tea parties are very relaxing!

I used this large gold mercury glass vase for the centerpiece,
filling it with red and yellow silk roses.

The gold doesn't show up well since the reflection from the tablecloth is on it!
The two shoes filled with roses are candles!

Each place setting has a gold charger, Old Country Roses plate, and a Seasons of Color salad plate, an Old Country Roses tea cup and crystal water goblet.

The napkins have pink and red roses similar to the OCR rose pattern on the dishes.

My Old Country Roses tea pot serves Holiday Tea to the guests

Won't you join us for tea?


Where would you like to sit?

I had planned to show close-ups of the mini ornaments on the tree, and close-ups of the Tea Room village, plus some of my other small tea rooms and mini tea sets, but I ran out of time!

My husband and I spent the afternoon and evening on a fun date, first we went to the movies and saw "Blind Side." We highly recommend you see this movie, it is wonderful! Very inspiring!

After the movie he took me to Hobby Lobby! Then we went to Applebee's for the "Two for Twenty" special! A very enjoyable time together (to see my sweet hubby, scroll down to the next message!)

It was 9:30 when we got home and I still had to load the tea party pictures, etc. This is why I'm "late" posting, and why I decided to omit the close-up pictures. I will post them this weekend if you would like to return to see them.

I hope you enjoyed my Old Country Roses Topiary Tree Tea Party!

Have a Happy New Year!
God Bless.

Katherine


18 comments:

The Charm of Home said...

Your Old Country Roses is gorgeous!! I have always wanted that teapot and I didn't realize they made a Christmas salad in this pattern, that is lovely! What a beautiful table for Christmas!
Have a very Merry Christmas!
Sherry

Marlis said...

I did not know that there were Christmas plates with the Old Country Roses dishes!!! They are fabulous.. OMg... your table is stunning. I love it. Merry Christmas to you and yours and many blessings in the coming year.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Your table is lovely!!!
Just love your Old Country Rose dishes...
Blessings,
Cindy

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Old Country Roses is such a beautiful timeless pattern! This looks so lovely in your dining room. Have a most delightful Christmas!

Adrienne said...

I loved your Old Country Roses Christmas tablesetting before - and I love it again. It's just perfect! So glad you and your hubby had a nice evening away. I love that movie and would like to see it again.
~Adrienne~

Marigene said...

That is such a lovely table, Katherine...I love that china pattern. The salad plates coordinate so beautifully. The little shoe candles are adorable...wishing you the Merriest Christmas and Happiest of New Years!

Love Bears All Things said...

Its a lovely table..I'll sit with my back to the wall on the right so I can see the other guests as they enter the room...how lovely to host a Tea after Christmas..perhaps, I'll have a Christmas Tea next year instead of an Open House...There is always a little bit of let down or blue time right after Christmas and having the Tea to look forward to would be so much fun...I wonder if I could get a cheap flight....Lovely evening you had with your Honey...I really enjoyed the movie and knowing it was filmed in Memphis...I thought Tim McGraw did a great job..
Blessings,
Mama Bear

Donnie said...

What a beautiful table you have made. I loved all your pieces especially the teapot. Have a Merry Christmas.

Savannah Granny said...

So Beautiful! I gave my daughter those salads/desserts and the mugs. She have Old Country Roses as well. It is a beautiful pattern and your table is elegant. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Ginger

The Tablescaper said...

Such a beautiful pattern and such a lovely table.

Have a blessed Christmas.

- The Tablescaper

Anonymous said...

Aren't you lucky to have had such a playful time with your hubby. I can't imagine mine ever going to Hobby Lobby! Your table is charming and looks like a perfect fit for your room. Happy holidays.

Tess said...

Your table is so beautiful...I am an OCR girl too. I love the Christmas OCR! I have other Christmas dishes, but always use my OCR for dessert at Christmas dinner.

Hope you and your hubby have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Alycia Nichols said...

Great combination of the "Seasons" salad plate with the Old Country Roses dishes!!! They look wonderful together! Have a Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

Katherine, it looks festive. I reposted last year's table as well. Took some photos of the table last night, but not certain any will be blog worthy. ;-)
Hope you and your family are enjoying a delightful Christmas Day. ~ Sarah

Christmas-etc... said...

Everything is just beautiful!! The hours you must put into decorating so beautifully really shows.
Hope your Christmas was wonderful!
Ann

Bill said...

Hi Katherine,

I'm late, but very glad I stopped by! I loved seeing your wonderfully timeless Christmas table (definitely worthy of re-posting!). I also checked out your recent posts that included your nativity sets, dolls, vignettes, etc. All very beautiful!

I hope you had a joyous Christmas. I wish for you and your family a wonderful new year filled with abundance, good health, joy, and treasured moments!

Fondly,
Bill

Carole Burant said...

“Here’s to the bright New Year, and a fond farewell to the old; here’s to the things that are yet to come, and to the memories that we hold.”

Happy New Year, dear Katherine! Wishing you and yours all the very best that 2011 has to offer.

I also had to take a bloggy break during the holidays, just had no time for the computer! Like you, I still have all my Christmas decorations and tree up, i want to enjoy them for a little while longer yet:-)

Love all of your beautiful vignettes and your Christmas dishes are gorgeous. I'm also partial to the Old Country Rose pattern since my mom has that set too:-) xoxo

Entertaining Women said...

I've never seen a Christmas adaption with Old Country Roses. It's absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your charming design. Happy New Year! Cherry Kay