Monday

Spring Tablescape

I haven't posted a tablescape in a while, but I have had this new spring tablescape on our dining room table for several weeks now.

I saw these pretty square plates at TJ Maxx some time ago and loved them because they were pale yellow. I wouldn't buy them though, even though they were only $3.99 each. A while later they went on sale!

Now they were only $2.00 each! I gave in and brought them home!
I wasn't able to find any of the smaller salad plates :-(

They look pretty with these napkins on top!
I found them at Home Goods.
Pearl napkin rings were perfect! The cream colored flatware and cream colored tablecloth completes the monochromatic theme.


For the centerpiece, I used these three little yellow birds from Michael's along with yellow roses on a matching platter, and pearls to tie in with the napkin rings.

How cute are they?

We have enjoyed this soft and pretty tablescape and I haven't wanted to change it.

I really like these sweet little yellow birds, and they were very inexpensive, only a couple of dollars each (on sale!)



A special place for you!



I hope you enjoyed my spring tablescape!

I'm linking to Marty's (A Stroll Thru Life) Table Top Tuesday
and Susan's (Between Naps on the Porch) Tablescape Thursday, click on their names
for lots more inspiration.

Katherine

21 comments:

A Hint of Home said...

What a beautiful table, Kathy!
That was a great bargain you got on those plates. Very pretty!
It looks like a great place that you went for your anniversary!

Rettabug said...

Happy Belated Anniversary, Katherine!
Your trip to the Jeckyl Club looked magnificent...never been there but I recently read a book that took place there.

This table is sooooo YOU! Elegant & serene & of course, YELLOW! Beautiful new plates (score!) and those napkins are TDF. Very, very pretty!!

Hugs,
Rett

Lynn said...

Very pretty Katherine! Love the soft yellow and the pearl napkin rings are so cute! Enjoy:@)

Kathleen said...

How pretty, K! I love the soft yellow, and what a great price. Looks so pretty with the pearls!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

your table is just beautiful! So glad for you that you were able to get the plated you liked on sale, they are so pretty.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Katherine, your new plates are gorgeous. I love the square shape and of course soft yellow is perfect. The centerpiece with the roses and the little birds is perfect. Such a beautiful tablescape. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful table and I love the center piece with the birdies! The plates are gorgeous and to think...$2 each!, how can you go wrong! Very pretty!
Hugs
FABBY

Anonymous said...

Katherine,this is so romantic!
Love the light yellows.
TJMaxx always has the most loveliest things,we have a new store in Waycross,Ga.I've only had one opportunity to visit,but I'll be going back,the price can't be beat.
~JO
LazyonLoblolly

La Tea Dah said...

A very beautiful table setting. I love the neutral whites and pales yellows. Very pretty!

Love Bears All Things said...

I love that tablescape....I hope your sister and her family as well as her home survived the storms here.
Mama Bear

EFT Tapping Points said...

The cream-colored concept gave the entire look a classic and elegant touch. Great job.

Carol Look said...

The concept looks magical and romantic but still retaining a conservative touch. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful table Katherine. I love your new plates. That was a great price!

Marlis said...

super plates at a super price! Good for you for waiting. I love the pale yellow, your centerpiece is quite lovely. Thanks for sharing your pretty table.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How pretty that soft, soft yellow is. This is such a beautiful Spring table. Love the shape of your pretty new plates.

Marigene said...

Beautiful table...what a bargain, too. Love the pale yellow, the flatware looks perfect with the plates. The birds add that touch of spring in the air.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Don't you just LOVE the great bargains at TJ's? What a great find and lovely table.

Rettabug said...

Back to answer your question...we stayed in No. Port on the Gulf side. It is between where we lived in Venice & where my best friend lives in Ft. Myers. The home was built by a friend & colleague of DH's & they only lived in it 1 yr. before BOTH of them passed away. So sad! Terrible time to try to sell it, so their 2 girls allow us to rent it for a very nominal fee. We are blessed to be able to get away each winter!

Tess said...

The birds on this table are delightful!! The whole table is beautiful. Where did you get those gorgeous pearl napkin rings?

Anonymous said...

Wow, love this tablescape, so gentle and soft. Love the shape of the plates and your centerpiece is adorable.

Janet

Unknown said...

Where did you get the pearl napkin rings?