Monday

Enchanted Window Party

I'm joining in Cielo's Enchanted Window Party, go there to see lots more beautiful windows!

(Above:) Looking through the front courtyard arbor with cascading bouganvillia to the dining room window. Below the beautiful bouganvillia compliments the high window above our front door.


I'm also sharing window photos in a few rooms in our house. I make all of our window treatments because I like a bit of the unusual.


Above, Living Room: This is one curtain panel, all I could find at an outlet. I wanted it so badly, I had to improvise by folding it in half, sewing it together, then inserting the curtain rod. I then used silk cording and tassels to draw it up to give it character!

Above: Dining Room: These are made from recycled gauze curtains, topped with a lace table runner on the left, and a lace table topper on the right. A strand of beads dangle on the right. Note: the true color of this wall is like the living room, it is "Wineberry" from Benjamin Moore.

Above and Below, Family Room: Recycled gauze curtains from old house we moved from. I knotted them on both sides.

Below Master Bedroom:


Master bedroom, I wanted the striped fabric, but there was only a small amount so I had to improvise, using two coordinating fabrics for the valance, I topped it with silk hydrangeas.
(Note the wall color is more of a pale yellow.)

Below Master Bathroom:


Master bathroom: The Battenburg lace curtain needed to be perked up so I added the greenery and yellow roses.

Below, Guest Bathroom:

My husband made this yellow rose stained glass window for me. It is in the guest bathroom.



Above, Guest Room: I used lace pieces from vintage lace panels which had a few holes in it and couldn't be used with them showing so I cut them up into pieces.


I hope you have enjoyed seeing a few windows in my world! Thanks for visiting!

Katherine

23 comments:

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Lovely windwos Kathy! Your bedroom treatments have always been a fave of mine.
The gauze and laces are all so pretty.
Great thinking on the burgandy curtain fix!
The yellow rose glass is gorgeous. Way to go Joe!

Mary said...

Katherine,

Oh my! Your windows are all beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing. I love them all and that stained glass window your husband made you is absolutely lovely.

Blessings,
Mary

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Katherine, all your window treatments are lovely. And wow, what a beautiful stained glass from hubby. That is beyond pretty!

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh Katherine, Your window treatments are so beautiful. You are very creative and a great decorator. The bouganvilla vine full of flowers is so pretty. Thank you for sharing your ideas. xo rachel

Rhondi said...

Hi Katherine
You are very talented when it comes to making window treatments. I love your front entryway with all the bouganvilla blooming!
Hugs, Rhondi

Lallee said...

I enjoyed seeing your window treatments. The bougainvillea arbor is always a favorite to see.

CIELO said...

These are truly some enchanted windows.... I love that first one with the climbing roses--a dream window; a feast for the outward senses... my sincere THANKS for playing along.

May the sun shine upon you today

cielo

Charlotte said...

What beautiful window treatments. I especially like the bouganvilla outside. LOL (definition #7).

One Shabby Old House said...

Hi Katherine,
Your windows were just lovely to look at. I really enjoyed seeing them. And to think you made all the curtains. I am in the middle of doing that. I can only hope they turn out as well.
You inspired me to get busy.
Becky

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Your windows are so pretty! I wanted to participate in this theme, but didn't get my pictures taken in time. Oh, well... I'm enjoying everyone else's.

Carrie said...

Your window treatments are each lovely and unique.

Anonymous said...

Your window treatments are just lovely!

Kelli said...

Your courtyard is gorgeous and I loved seeing all your pretty window treatments. So many wonderful touches!
~Kelli

Love Bears All Things said...

I am in my new home in Huntsville. We still have most of our furniture in Memphis. I wante to tell you that I am going to High Tea at Emma's tomorrow afternoon with my women's club. Also, I wanted to tell you that 3 of my rooms in this house are painted that red color. Being as red is my favorite color, this is one of the reasons the house appealed to me. I will have to rethink my assesories which have been red or gold. I think the gold will do nicely.
Mama Bear

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Pretty windows Katherine! I want an arbor so bad ! Yours is gorgeous!
Thanks gor stopping by, come again soon .

One Shabby Old House said...

Hi Katherine,
It's me again. You asked where Odessa is. We are 15 minutes N of Tampa. So if you are ever in the area please let me know. I'll put on the teapot!
Becky

La Tea Dah said...

I love your windows --- both inside and out! What an inspiration you are!!! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing! You have so many wonderful ideas!

LaTeaDah

Anonymous said...

Your blog is lovely. I found it by way of Kelli's Show & Tell. I wanted to tell you that Sweet Cottage Dreams blog has an ebay store and she has a PRECIOUS child's teaset from Germany with yellow roses on it. It is a vintage piece. Go to SCD and click on her ebay link if you wish to see it. I thought of you immediately. Sarita sboyette@tx.rr.com

Betty said...

You have a beautiful home, Katherine. I love the way your have you windows fixed. Beautiful.

Alice said...

Such pretty windows, Katherine. I love how you used your imagination to make all the curtains. I believe I might have to copy your idea for the master bathroom curtain decoration. It is so simple but so lovely. I too have a simple lace valance what could use some oomph.

One Shabby Old House said...

I hope you have time to play because I tagged you Katherine!
Becky

Kathleen Grace said...

Your windows are so creative and beautiful! I love the bedroom window the best but they are all pretty:>)

Celestina Marie said...

Katherine, I love each and every one of your gorgeous windows. My gosh your use of fabrics and florals make them stunning. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments. It is so nice to meet you. I hope you had a nice visit with your daughter on your little trip. The roses are gorgeous. You have a lovely blog and I am looking forward to returning soon.
Blessings, Celestina
la rea rose