Thursday

On the road again!

I'm taking a short blogger break. Tomorrow I'm going to visit my daughter, Alyson, who lives in Tallahassee. I love going to Tallahassee, it is a beautiful town. Maybe some of you don't know it is the state capital of FL. It is a college town, with several colleges including my favorite - Florida State University (FSU) where both my daughters graduated. It's not a real big city, but it's big enough, and has lots of nice shopping! It has lots of small hills, not flat like most of Florida. It's more like south GA, or AL with Spanish moss on all the live oak trees.

I'm also going to visit a close friend of mine who lives there. We are both from the same hometown (Huntsville, AL) We haven't had a good visit in a long time and I'm looking forward to it! She is a wonderful decorator, maybe I'll take some pictures of her pretty home.

I'll be back Monday afternoon. Also, I'm going with a friend who is dropping me off in Tallahassee, then pick me up on Monday. My hubby isn't going, he'll be "home alone!" Look at the beautiful red roses he gave me this week! Thanks, sweetie!

I probably won't be able to be online while I'm gone. Will miss you!


Katherine

15 comments:

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Katherine, hope you have a wonderful visit with your daughter ~ will you do some shopping together? Enjoy your visit with your friend as well!
Pretty roses!
:)

Adrienne said...

Dear Katherine -
Have a safe and wonderful trip. Enjoy your visit with your daughter and your friends. Can't wait to hear all about it when you return.
~Adrienne~

Mary said...

Katherine,

Enjoy your time away and be safe. The roses are magnifient.
Blessings,
Mary

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Have fun! And those roses are absolutely beautiful!

Susan said...

Katherine, Please visit my show and tell when you get back. I thought of you!!!

We thought Tallahasee was a nice town when we got to visit it.
Susan

Alice said...

Have a wonderful time, Katherine!

Rhondi said...

I hope you have a wonderful time. Hugs, Rhondi

Carrie said...

Have a safe trip and have fun!

A Hint of Home said...

Hi Katherine,
Have a wonderful, restful, safe trip.
It's good to visit family and friens. We will do that in Oct. to MI and CA and try to be back before the new baby arrives.

Have fun!

kari and kijsa said...

Have a wonderful trip!
We are celebrating our one year anniversary and wanted to thank you for being a special part of the past year!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Mary said...

Katherine,

When you return home, please stop by my blog and pick up the award that I've presented you with. It is posted on September 13th.

Wishing you a fun and safe journey.

Blessings,
Mary

Alexandra MacVean said...

Those roses are SO beautiful. :) I hoep you have a good trip!

Mary said...

Katherine, hope you are having a great time with your daughter and your friend. Enjoy your time! Wow, those roses are gorgeous!

Lallee said...

Katherine, I hope you had a wonderful visit over the weekend!