Wednesday

Tablescape Thursday

Tablescape Thursday is a fun day Susan hosts so we can play with our dishes. Thank you, Susan for hosting! Click here for lots more inspiration from many others.

We were in NY for five days (for my husband's 50th Class Reunion) and just returned last night so I had to quickly put something together for my tablescape!

My inspiration for this tablescape was my scarecrow collection.

I used my butterscotch yellow dishes (from TJ Maxx) with yellow and green plaid napkins, also from TJ Maxx.
The napkins are tied with raffia. The flatware is from Tuesday Morning. The only tan tablecloth I had is this crocheted lace, so I had to use it as nothing else I have worked!

The centerpiece is made up of lots of my scarecrow collection.


Some close-ups of the cute little scarecrows:
L to R: Scarecrow made of a light bulb, scarecrow on a hay wagon, and a stuffed pumpkin scarecrow.

This tall, skinny, floppy scarecrow came from Joann's Fabrics about ten years ago.
I think the scarecrow doll came from Walmart several years ago.
Scarecrow riding in a pumpkin with wheels.
Also a tiny scarecrow (front) riding on a pumpkin with wheels.

All of the above little scarecrows are on the front side of the table.
After taking most of the pictures I realized I had forgotten to add the scarecrow clock:
I added him to the left side of the table:

Front side of the table (above)


Back side of the table:

L to R:
Puffkins Scarecrow, scarecrow on ear of corn, flower pot scarecrow.

Below: scarecrow made with a block of wood, little doll scarecrow
I love this little "falling down" scarecrow!

Above: small flower pot scarecrow and another scarecrow on an ear of corn.

Back side of table (above.)

Front side of table:


Do you have a favorite scarecrow?





Have a happy day!

God Bless.

Katherine

21 comments:

Lynn said...

Cute collection! Your falling down s'crow made me laugh:@)

The Decorative Dreamer said...

I just love all your scarecrows! They are so cute! I really like your beautiful dishes and flatware too! Very nice! Happy Fall!

Marigene said...

Katherine, you have a nice scarecrow collection...those napkins go so nicely with the plates...for some reason I am really drawn to plaid napkins. I really like your flatware.

Kathleen said...

Wow, that is some collection! They are adorable. The table is a s cute as can be, and the colors are wonderful!
I am sorry you didn't get to got to CTS. To be 5 min away and not go is unbearable!
Next time you are coming I will come and pick you up and take you myself!

Debbie said...

I got so carried away looking at all of your scarecrows! My favorites are the flower pot ones and that light bulb one. Cute and clever!!

The whole table works so well with the straw theme. Love those butter yellow dishes the best!

I really enjoyed this one!!

Melissa Miller said...

Very pretty yellow dishes Katherine!

Happy Fall! ~Melissa :)

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Oh Katherine I LOVE your Scarecrows, they are WONDERFUL and the whole table is so pretty... LOVE,LOVE,LOVE those yellow dishes. I've been SORT of on a yellow quest for yellow to go with my Blue&White dishes and WOW would these be PERFECT... Do they have a name on the bottom so I can Look for a few??? Did you get them recently???
Thank you for your inspirational post...
Hugs, Donna

Entertaining Women said...

Your scarecrows are darling! Scarecrows are one of my favorite motifs for fall decorating. I have the Argent Sophia, too. It's such a pleasure to use. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Anonymous said...

Pretty Fall table! I love the centerpiece.

Anonymous said...

I love all the cute scarecrows!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Katherine, this is such a cute tablescape. I love your pretty green and yellow. Your scarecrow collection is fabulous. The one made out of a lightbulb is the most unique thing I have ever seen. They are all wonderful and you've put them together for such a wonderful tablescape. Love it. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

So cute setting,and amazing collection!

A Hint of Home said...

I love the yellow dishes and plaid napkins. Your scarecrows are so cute. I wish I had your silverware!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a darling little scarecrow collection you have! So cute on your table.

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Really cute and FUN! :)
~Becca~

Lallee said...

What a fun table, Katherine! Can I come eat at this one? I'd like candy corn as one of the side dishes please ;-)

How did the trip and reunion go?

Lallee said...

What a fun table, Katherine! Can I come eat at that one? I would like a side of candy corn please. It's a vegetable, you know.

How was the NY trip?
♥Lallee

Marlis said...

Delightful comes to mind. It's simply delightful. The happy scarecrows smiling make it so neat.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Katherine, what darling scarecrows! Love them!

Let's see... my favorite is the one with the turquoise hat. But they are all cute. I like the way that you used the rafia on the napkins, too, to tie into the scarecrows. This is a darling fall table.

I wanted to stop by and thank you for your prayers for Mr. Magpie. I'm happy to report he's on the mend, and my nursing duties are over. Now, my cleaning duties (things I put off for a month) are starting, so I hope to be back in a week or so to blogging! LOL!

XO,

Sheila :-)

A Dagenham Girl said...

what a fun collection and certainly a conversation starter at the table.. Judith (Precious Moments)

La Vie Quotidienne said...

How pretty and cute this all looks. I love all your scarecrows...they are so fun! And the yellow dishes - wow! I am envious.(-: