Wednesday

Tablescape Thursday

Thanks to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for hosting Tablescape Thursday so we can play with our dishes! Click on her name to see lots more inspiration.
The name of this tablescape is "The last roses of summer." Since it is still hot here in Florida we can still have a garden themed tea party.

Inspiration for this tablescape came from these tiny lawn chairs, I bought them at Hobby Lobby a while ago on sale at 80% off.
I haven't used them in a tablescape before as I couldn't get it together with a centerpiece, etc. until a couple of weeks ago I was in Ross and found this cute little metal doll chair for only $3.99! I knew right away how I would use it.
I filled it with roses!
I used the colors of the roses in my Old Country Roses china, and used the OCR china
with the green dinner plates from Dollar Tree! I'm so glad I bought those plates, I have been able to use them with so many tablescapes. I used them in a different tablescape last week, scroll down to see or click here.

I also had new Old Country Roses napkins found at TJ Maxx at a great price:
I was going to use the OCR napkin rings,
but thought the gold napkin rings give more of a pop!
I placed a red rose in each tiny chair:
They have little votive cups for candles in them.

I couldn't decide whether to place the little chairs on top of the salad plate, or
at the top of the place setting.
Which do you like best?

Love the centerpiece!

I hope you like my Last Roses of Summer tablescape!

I'm also linking to Lady Katherine's Tuesday Tea Time. Click on her name for lots of tea time inspiration!

Have a happy day!

God Bless.

Katherine

25 comments:

ellen b said...

Hi Katherine! I really love the tablecloth you set your scape on. So pretty!

Unknown said...

I can never get enough OCR!! Beautiful table Katherine :)

Blessings!
Gail

Jonell w Harrison said...

Funny..am surprised I actually like the rose atop the salad plate-it completes the look that way..and YOU ARE SO RIGHT the GOLD NAPKIN RINGS are just right-very elegant. This is so much fun-I think it's our grown up version of PLAYING HOUSE as little children.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a beautiful combination! The flowers the china and the linens! Love the little chairs with roses!

Debbie said...

I have always thought that that was one of the loveliest patterns. I liked it with the matching napkin ring, but I do think that gold DID give it a pop!

I love your little lawn chairs, and it makes a wonderful centerpiece!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

I think I like the little chair with the roses above the plate because the plate is soooo pretty! But it looks great both ways. The centerpiece is the perfect inspiration point! Linda

Kathleen said...

That is lovely, both ways! Good idea, last rose of summer. Always summer in FL though, right? :)

Sarah said...

Katherine, I adore those little chairs that offered inspiration for this table. It all looks so lovely. ~ Sarah

Unknown said...

Very pretty, love the dishes and the cute chair!

Lynn said...

Very pretty! I love that the colors of the roses match your plates and the chairs are too cute-enjoy!

Stella said...

Can't ever get enough of roses. I like the little chair on the plate it seems to make it more special. And yes, the gold looks best.

Celly B said...

So romantically elegant! I love how the colors of the roses match the china!

xinex said...

Great find and buy on the lawn and doll chairs, they are so pretty. Love your dishes with roses, Katherine. Beautiful table...Christine

xinex said...

Great find and buy on the lawn and doll chairs, they are so pretty. Love your dishes with roses, Katherine. Beautiful table...Christine

Bill said...

Hi Katherine,

I had written a long comment, and it disappeared ("service unavailable"). It was something about how much I liked the colors and the way you repeated china pattern in the roses in the doll chair centerpiece. I agree that the gold napkin rings work really well here (as do the pretty gold rimmed glasses). Since you asked, I think I have a slight preference for the little chairs being above the plates. I'll bet they look great with lighted votives in them. Maybe you could arrange them around a floral centerpiece sometime (just don't catch the greenery on fire as I once did!!!). I think Susan and/or Cuisine Kathleen used similar chairs as cupcake holders -- fun!

Hope you have a great weekend!
Bill

Anonymous said...

Love the little chairs and your roses are beautiful,the dishes and the real,bet they smell lovely.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

So pretty. Love all of the little chairs filled with roses. How lucky to find the bigger one for the centerpiece. Your plates and napkins are so pretty. laurie

Tess said...

What a lovely table!!! I LOVE OCR and have many pieces as well. I prefer the little chairs above the plates so you can see the pattern on the dishes. The tablecloth is understated but really beautiful. The gold napkins rings really stand out agains the OCR napkins. Everything is just so beautiful!

A Hint of Home said...

Another beautiful table that you have set, KK.
I love the roses and to have napkins to match your dishes is icing on the cake.
The Lord had that chair there just for you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katherine! OH, your table is gorgeous. This pattern has always been one of my favorites but I don't have any of it except the salt and peppers! :)
Your tablecloth is perfect with your setting and the little chair with the roses is just precious!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Entertaining Women said...

The elements that you have so thoughtfully gathered have worked together beautifully in your tablescape. I love those napkins! Thank you for sharing your lovely design. Cherry Kay

Barbara said...

What a pretty table! I love those little chairs. Your centerpiece is so pretty. I can't wait for our roses to start blooming again.

Sweetladyelaine said...

I love the OCR rose pattern and have a set of my own! It is so popular. I love how you used it. Such a pretty table. Thank you for giving me a new way to show off OCR's. By the way love the napkins. I will have to hunt for some.

Marigene said...

Beautiful table, who wouldn't love all the roses...and that tablecloth is soooo pretty. Why can't I find great linens at my TJM, like everyone else...the one I go to has very little in the way of table linens.
Have a great weekend, Katherine!

Adrienne said...

Love your beautiful table and your gorgeous china. Trying not to be covetous!
~Adrienne~