Wednesday

Tablescape Thursday

Tablescape Thursday! One of our favorite days to satisfy our creative outlets by playing with our dishes. Thanks to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for hosting! Click on her name for lots more inspiration.

Inspiration for this fall tablescape came from several items, including these pretty faux flowers. I bought them at Michael's at half-price!

The second inspiration item:
I found these pretty green, amethyst, and orange goblets at T.J. Maxx, last month. I had been praying about whether to continue with my tablescape hobby, and whether to stop buying things for them (no matter how inexpensive.)
Well, these little beauties were only $2.99 each! I walked away from them, but they stayed on my mind. Finally I went back and bought the four of them. I felt like this was an answer to my prayer, for me to still have the desire, and to find something new for only $12.00!
The same day, T.J. Maxx had a set of four of these pretty napkins, which matched the glasses!
Only about $1.50 per napkin!

I used ribbons for the napkin rings
See how well the napkins and goblets go together!
The centerpiece is simple:
I had the glass vase. The little orange bird cage was $1 at Michael's
I used the same green plates from Dollar Tree:

I also used the same clear plates used in last week's tablescape:
I again doubled the clear plates and sandwiched
an orange leaf shaped paper doily inside.
The doilies were also from Dollar Tree


After opening the fall boxes (from the attic) I found these
leaf shaped plates and placed them on either side of the centerpiece.

I placed a napkin on top of the plate, but like the other way best, don't you?
The flatware is from Tuesday Morning, a gift from my husband.

I love my crystal chandy!
I think the orange and green flowers go well with our walls in the dining room




View from above:




I hope you enjoyed my fall tablescape!

It all started with these pretty goblets! I wish I could find four more!




Please join us here:

It's fall inside our house, but still in the 90s outside here in FL!

Have a happy day!

God Bless.

Katherine

26 comments:

Lynn said...

Love your goblets, and always love paisley! You've convinced me that I need to pick up some clear plates:@)

Debbie said...

I totally relate to it being fall on the inside only!

My favorite part of this table without a doubt is the beautiful paisley napkins. I am a HUGE fan of paisley, and that pattern is so pretty! I agree that they just "go" with the stems and it's wonderful that you got some confirmation. (I get that part too!)

Alycia Nichols said...

I know it's not part of the tablescape, but I LOVE your chandelier!!! As for your stemware, I ALMOST bought that color. As usual, TJ Maxx only had 4 of them in that store, and I didn't want to risk not being able to find the additional 8 I would need. Maybe I'll make an exception...! Very well done table!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Those glasses and napkins are great and I don't blame you for wanting those. What stands out the most is the crocheted tablecloth. Just beautiful.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love those napkins and those beautiful napkins! I enjoy seeing things under glass plates as well -- such many various ways to create something fun, seasonal, quite differnt. I can't tell you how many times I've said -- now this is my last set of ....whatever -- dishes, glasses. I guess I'll stop when I stop enjoying it (or run completely out of room!)

Unknown said...

Hi Katherine, is a very pretty setting!
Love the flowers and the cute napkins!

Hugs

Charo

Unknown said...

lovely napkins and glasses

xinex said...

Beautiful colors, Katherine. Pretty table and I love the goblets!..Christine

Anonymous said...

Those paisley napkins are wonderful, Katherine! Beautiful table.

Megan said...

You always set such a beautiful table. I really like the paisley napkins. Where did you find those leaf-shaped doilies--perfect! But the tablecloth--you know how I love crochet!!
We're finally starting to cool-off a little here on the coast. Wonderful breezes off the ocean.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Katherine this is a lovely table. I think those goblets are amazing with the color variations! I would so have scooped up those napkins also! Great job! It looks very inviting!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I love those goblets...and the napkins are perfect with them! I am in the process of getting rid of some tablescaping things...don't be sorry for me...it is so I can buy others I like more!!

Tricia said...

How wonderful to find napkins in just the same colors as those unusual, beautiful glasses! The rest of your table really lets them shine, and I love your Japanese lantern branches. I saw some at Pier 1 that I need to go back for!

Marilyn Miller said...

It does feel like fall has arrived at your home. Love the faux flowers.

A Hint of Home said...

Another pretty table Kathy. Love the Fall leaves and prettty napkins.

Kathleen said...

Pretty! I LOVE those napkins, and the flatware is lovely!
Now make sure you get to CTS and have some fun while in NY! Hot today in the 80's. We have the a/c on!

Entertaining Women said...

Your dining room and your tablescape are so well integrated that the whole scene comes across like a lovely jewel box done in rich colors. So well done! Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Marigene said...

That tablecloth is beautiful...I saw only one of those gorgeous goblets last time I was at TJM...I wanted 4, so I passed. Maybe they will get more in. Love the Chinese lantern centerpiece...

Love Bears All Things said...

Wow! I love those glasses, napkins and the leaf doily. I think you should compile all of your table settings and publish a book...I look forward to reading about them each week.
I've tagged you for a meme at my blog so come by.
Mama Bear

Teresa's New Life said...

Oh, now I'm wanting to get out my Autumn decor! This is so pretty.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Hi,

I was drawn to your blog by its name...the name of my house is Rose Arbors...no specific color though.(-: Your tablescape is lovely - I bought the same napkins and placemats to use with my chicken plates when dining al fresco in the summer. so...I can say you have very good taste! It looks lovely.

Kathleen said...

I am waiting for a report! How did it go?

Sweetladyelaine said...

I love the goblets and napkins! So pretty...thank you for sharing such a pretty fall tablescape!

Chubby Chieque said...

I love your ivory flatwares. Your setting is so pretty. Love the simplicity touch.

Love the maple leaves too.


Happy TS Day!

Greetings from a chilly Stockholmer,
/chie

Unknown said...

G'eve Katherine ~
Oh, my goodness! You are truly beautifully decorated ... I love every thing you've done ... it is so inviting & rich.

Sorry I have not been with you more lately. We finally finished both house constructions & took off for 2 weeks. I apologize, but will be better now.

TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Anonymous said...

Hi Katherine! Oh, what a lovely table. Love all of your new finds and the colors are so perfect for fall! Look at all of your darling little scarecrows.
have a great weekend and always be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)