Wednesday

Happy Halloween!

Halloween is only a few days away and I have a little Halloween tablescape on our breakfast nook table. I'm joining Susan at BNOTP for Tablescape Thursday! Thanks, Susan, for hosting weekly! Click on her name for lots more inspiration.

Inspiration for this tablescape is this cute witch's hat:
We found this ceramic hat/server on sale at Cracker Barrel last year after Halloween. The original price was $20, but it was on sale for about $7.99 and we scooped it up, although I don't usually buy Halloween things. I had forgotten we had bought it and was surprised when I found it stored in the Halloween box! I guess it is a chip and dip server. The pointed hat removes for serving goodies inside.
What would you serve inside?

Goodies may also be served inside the witch's boot:
I bought it several years ago at Hobby Lobby. I love the little dangling candy corn on the toe!
The polka dot black cat also came from Hobby Lobby several years ago. He has a cute little Jack-o-lantern dangling on his neck!
The three make a cute centerpiece, don't you think?


I have several colors of these polka dot dessert plates, but only using the green and yellow here.
I found the polka dot plates at TJ Maxx, and/or Marshall's, and/or Home Goods.

View from the top:
Have you noticed anything missing?? I took a bunch of pictures, before I realized I didn't have
glasses on the table! Have you ever done that before? I have, and I have also forgotten to add the flatware, or the napkins! LOL!

I quickly added some glasses, then took a few more pictures!

I only have three of these yellow polka dot dishes, I looked everywhere to find more, but couldn't. If anybody has one, or more of them you would like to sell, please let me know!! Thank you!

I've also looked on Ebay, but couldn't find them :-(

I hope you enjoyed my little Halloween tablescape!

Happy Halloween!
Katherine

18 comments:

Marlis said...

Katherine.. your table is charming. I love the serving pieces. and am a sucker for polka dots! xo marlis

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Katherine, you always find the cutest things for your table! I can't get over the fact that the hat hit a chip and dip set. CUTE!

Love the polka dots, too.

Happy Tablescape Thursday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I am a big fan of cute Halloween and not spooky Halloween. Love the colors!
Yvonne

Alycia Nichols said...

Katherine, do you remember where you bought the polka dot plates or who the maker is so that I can help you to find more in yellow and green? My sister and neice are both pretty good about tracking down obscure items. Sometimes they hit the jackpot, and sometimes they don't. It's hit or miss with them, but they sure love the chase!

Debbie said...

I love whimsical things like that. The chip and chip dish is absolutely adorable, and I love the witch shoes too. Cute and HAPPY. That's what it is.

The polka dot dishes are great. I've been looking for some for a table in my head with no luck. I hope you find more yellow ones.

The Tablescaper said...

such a fun table. Love that hat. I couldn't have resisted it either. I think I'd put dip in it.

- The Tablescaper

Marigene said...

Cute table...I ♥♥♥ that hat server! The shoe is adorable, too. I have been looking for orange/black checked napkins, but they have been elusive...

Heather at Farm to Fork said...

I love your witch hat serving piece. That is so fun...the whole table is. I'll bet you use those adorable polka dot plates for all sorts of fun tables.

Elaine said...

You found some great Halloween items! I love polka dots and I will certainly be on the lookout for those yellow plates!

Decor To Adore said...

What a spooktacular tablescape!

I created a mad scientists lab this past Monday. I hope you'll come by for a peek and shriek. :)

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I really like cute Halloween and nOT spooky so this is right up my alley! It all looks so cute! YES, I have forgeooten things on some tables too!!!! I think I get so excited to take pictures I rush too much, LOL! Love that chip and dip. VERY cute! XO, Pinky

Unknown said...

Love your colors! Great table,Joann

Unknown said...

Too cute! Love your hat, cat and shoe! You set a fun table!
Blessings My Friend,

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Katherine -- your polka dotted Halloween table is just adorable. Love the cuteness and fun.

Taunnie said...

I love your table! It is exactly what I think a Halloween table should be whimsical, cute and colorful, nicely done!

Barbara said...

Such a cute table, Katherine! I love that witch's hat server. Your orange and black gingham is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, your table is so cute, love the look on the cat's face. I also llve your sweet plates and they would work in so many differnt settings.

Janet

trump said...

Thought id say hello while passing your blog by, and i hope you folks have a very nice weekend. We are maybe a little past fall peek colors for taking pictures of our tree's here in central Pennsylvania, but ill try anyway to go out one last time to snap some images. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon Pennsylvania.