Friday

Sunday Favorites


I'm joining Chari with her Sunday Favorites this week. Thanks for hosting, Chari! Click on her name for lots more favorites of the past.

I posted this candy corn tablescape on November 4, 2009 and thought it was worthy of being seen again! (I'm still waiting for the fall decor boxes to come out of the attic!! Today is supposed to be the day, but in the meantime, enjoy this post!) In all fairness to hubby, he is teaching part-time at the college three days a week, then gone all day to Mayo Clinic each Tuesday, so he has a good excuse, he's really busy!)

As posted 11-4-09:
Last week I decided to save my candy corn tablescape for this week, but I forgot I had used a black table cover and it still looked a little bit Halloween, see below:

So I quickly put another candy corn tablescape together using a white tablecloth over gold:

The dishes are the same:
I did reverse the two napkins, above the white sheer is on the outside.

Below the yellow napkin is on the outside:

I used white, yellow, and pumpkin plates for the candy corn effect.
And I used the yellow handled flatware with the white tablecloth.

I added fall colored faux hydrangea in the orange wicker pumpkin centerpiece

I had planned to have a bit of whimsy with the other centerpiece saying the beaded spray represented the inside pulp of the pumpkin (seeds, etc.) were spilling out!


The candy corn mini cups were filled with the sweet, sweet candy corn:
Somehow most of the real candy corn disappeared after the first pictures were taken.

The large pieces of candy corn are made of glass:
Which candy corn tablescape is your favorite, the black, or the white tablecloth?

I like the black best for Halloween,
but now I like the white best for a fall tablescape.

Thanks to Susan for hosting Tablescape Thursdays, so we can play with our dishes and enjoy seeing each other's creations! So fun! Go here to Susan's blog for lots more inspiration.


I hope you enjoyed seeing my candy corn tablescapes! Won't you join me, here's a place for you!


Below is a wooden candy corn pin I bought at a craft show years ago. Doesn't he make you smile?



Hope to see you again soon when I get the rest of my fall decorating posted! Maybe this weekend!

Added note Friday night: The fall decor boxes are out of the attic!!!!!! Yay! Now, on to the decorating!! I'll be posting soon!

Katherine

5 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Very, VERY cute fall things, Katherine. I love the candy corn!

XO,

Sheila

Marigene said...

Cute candy corn table, Katherine! I really like those little gold square dishes.
Have a great weekend!

Marlis said...

Cute table!! love the candy corn. The colors are fabulous, perfect for fall. xo marlis

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I'm glad you reposted this I missed it the first time around. What a darling table. I love the candy corn plates, they are just too fun.. darling, the birds aren't going to miss my birdbath, it didn't hold water for them, so now I can play and play and play with it... lol Looking forward to seeing your fall pictures hugs ~lynne~

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Katherine...

So happy to have you join in with the fun of Sunday Favorites, my friend!

I think your "Candy Corn" tablescapes are just adorable! I love the little candy corn cups filled with that sweet autumn candy. How very creative...to use the trio of plates in your place settings that resemble the colors of candy corn...love that great idea! Hmmm...honestly it's hard to choose a favorite. I think the white lace tablecloth brings more of a formal look to the table...the black tablecloth looking more informal. They're both beautiful! I do really like how the black tablecloth makes all the colors on your table "pop"! Sooo pretty, my friend!

Thank you so much for sharing this lovely post from the past with us for the Sunday Favorites repost party, dear lady! I enjoyed it!

Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari

PS..Yay! Enjoy decorating, Katherine!