Wednesday

The Power of Prayer

This election has the world in an uproar, but we as Christians have got to seek God for the answers.

This is the scariest election we as Christians have ever faced. From the looks of the polls, the Christians are not voting Christian values. We all need to be on our knees.

Do you believe we can take God at His word? Call upon His name, then stand back and watch His wonders to behold. This scripture gives us, as Christians, ownership of this land and the ability to call upon God to heal it. I challenge you to do so. We have never been more desperate than now for God to heal our land. This election is the scariest I remember in my lifetime.
We know the power of prayer, but if we don't call upon His name, nothing will change.

JUST ONE MINUTE EACH NIGHT....

Do you believe we can take God at His word? Call upon His name, then stand back and watch His wonders to behold. His scripture gives us, as Christians, ownership of this land and the ability to call upon God to heal it. I challenge you to do so. We have never been more desperate than now for God to heal our land.

2 Chronicles 7:14 : If my people, which are called by my name shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

During WWII, there was an advisor to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every night at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of England, its people and peace. This had an amazing effect as bombing stopped.

There is now a group of people organizing the same thing here in America. The United States of America and our citizens need prayer more than ever!!!

If you would like to participate: each evening at 9:00 PM Eastern Time, 8:00 PM Central , 7:00 PM Mountain, 6:00 PM Pacific, stop whatever you are doing and spend one minute praying for the safety of the United States, our troops, our citizens, for peace in the world, for wisdom and courage for our leaders, the up-coming election, and that the Bible will remain the basis for the laws governing our land and that Christianity will grow in the U.S.

If you know anyone who would like to participate, please pass this along.

Someone said if people really understood the full extent of the power we have available through prayer, we might be speechless. Our prayers are the most powerful asset we have.

Please pass this onto anyone who you think will want to join us.

If you forget to pray at this time, pray whenever you think of it!

God Bless You!!!

Thank you!

Katherine
Note added: I'm so happy so many people are responding favorably to this. Maree-atHome copied the silhouette and posted it on the side-bar of her blog. If you would like to do this too, please do!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Katherine,
I appreciate your kind comments on my blog. I am feeling pretty "down" tonight after the debate but your post cheered me up and helped me realize that prayer can change things. I've been praying and will continue to do so. I just read your Smiley post. It was very good and Smiley is very cute. I feel the same way you do about this election. I do need to put a McCain/Palin ad on my new blog. Thanks for the reminder.
Hugs,
Charlotte

Adrienne said...

Dear Katherine -
As I shared in my email, I will join in prayer each evening. I can't help but think of the old hymn that is played by our Naval Forces Band so often - 'O God our help in ages past, our Hope for years to come.'
~Adrienne~

Alice said...

I have almost subconscious prayers going through my head at all times these days. And they've been pretty negative lately. I'm now making a special effort to be thankful too for everything of beauty and goodness we have in such abundance. I'll be joining the 9:00 prayer; I like that idea.

Tina Leigh said...

When there is nothing else you can do.....but pray...than it is the only and the best thing to do any way!

Tina Leigh said...

Miss Kathrine...email me when you get a chance. tinastone1971@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

This is so powerful and well put.Please let me know if I may copy your post to my blog. Thank you!

Cathy said...

Thanks for this post, Katherine. We all do need to remember the power of prayer. I pray throughout the day, and will try to remember to pray at that time too. I pray for God have mercy on our country and for the truth to be revealed to people.

Maree said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I have been praying so hard already and will feel so much better praying as a group!!

My husband and I are going to see Sarah tomorrow in West Chester Ohio.

God Bless you so much!

Anonymous said...

I just put the silhouette at the top of my sidebar and it links to this post. Thank you for the information.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Barbara said...

I have been and will be praying for this election. I believe if we, as Christians do pray fervently for this nation and this election and do what the scripture says (II Chronicles 7:14).

We are using this same scripture with something happening here by our home. A Bingo Hall is being built in the next county (legal there but not in ours) and the county line and this project joins our property back and on side. Our community and us are paying dearly with our property values going down. But we are praying what they mean for evil GOD is going to use for HIS GOOD!

I would also love to put the silhouette on my sidebar and will link back to this post. Thanks!

Maxine said...

I was hoping someone would begin something organized like this. You can count on me at 9:00 each night. This is exactly the spirit we Christians should have and I'm sure that the Lord will honor it.

~~Deby said...

I will try to do the time zone I live in, but will also pray MANY times throughout the day and night (insomnia) knowing GOD hears us all and that our petitions go to the throne....
I ALSO believe in my heart that there are no surprises with our GOD and we are last days believers.
Please Lord, heal our land.
Deby

Cathy said...

Katherine,
As you can see, I told many of my praying friends about this. And I added the prayer link on my sidebar too. :o)

Carrie said...

Wonderful idea. Last week my sister-in-law sent me a card with texts and a prayer for America.
God will provide in a marvelous way when Christians take Him at His word and turn to Him for answers.

Sharon said...

What a wonderful idea. I enjoyed your post so much. This election has got me so worried. I will be joining you in prayer every day also.

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi Katherine, I too will join in on your prayer vigil...I have felt the need for a breakthrough from Heaven as well. I really have enjoyed your blog...found it from Kelli's show and tell!
Blessings,
Debbie