Tuesday

Keeping the Faith

Joe had his last radiation treatment last Thursday! We are so thankful for answered prayers for safe travel, for protection against side-effects, and for so many friends and family who are supporting us in prayer.

Now we are in the waiting period. We thought the daily 3-hour round trips to Mayo for over a month was hard, but waiting can be even more difficult. We at least felt like we were doing something when were traveling daily. Now we aren’t doing anything, just waiting! He goes back to see the doctor next week for a follow-up, but we will not get results for six to eight weeks. He cannot have a CT scan until the swelling goes down, so we won’t know if the cancer is gone until then.

This ordeal started last January when Joe was diagnosed a second time with lymphoma. He had chemotherapy for several months before the radiation. By all rights this has not been a good year - a family member, our little dog, died in July, in addition to the health issues. We are still standing firm in our faith! We see the Lord’s hand in everything in our lives.

When praying about what to write about on this subject, the following devotional came to mind. I’m on the mailing list for a daily devotional from Joel Osteen, and received this one last week. (BTW, Joel Osteen was on Larry King Live tonight! He has been on TV a lot lately and I’m so thankful the Lord has made this possible for him to get the message out)

Joel Osteen’s Daily Devotional
He Is Attentive to Your Prayers
Today's Scripture
“For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous (those who are upright and in right standing with God), and His ears are attentive to their prayer…” (I Peter 3:12 AMP).

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
Do you ever wonder if the Lord hears your prayers? There is Good News today—this verse promises that He is attentive to the prayers of the righteous! If you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior and have asked Him to cleanse you of your past sins, then you are righteous by the blood of Jesus. God longs to show Himself strong on your behalf. Your prayers open the door for Him to move in your life. You can be sure that He is attentive and listening for your prayers. Keep standing, keep believing, and keep praying knowing that God is on your side. He hears you. He’s working behind the scenes and orchestrating things in your favor. Thank Him today for listening. Thank Him for making you righteous. As you stand in faith, you will see God move in your life. Don’t shrink back—move forward in confidence knowing that the eyes of the Lord are upon you, and He is attentive to your prayers!

A Prayer for Today
Heavenly Father, thank You for making me righteous. Thank You for making me clean and new. Thank You for hearing my prayers today. I cast my cares and burdens on You knowing that You are working in my life today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen. (Joel Osteen)

This devotional has helped me so much, to assure me He hears our prayers. He is attentive to our prayers and he is working behind the scenes. Praise God! Thank you Lord, for answers to our prayers, thank you for healing, for doctors, and for research!

Maybe someone else who reads my blog also needs to hear the words to the devotional above. I pray it will help you as well.

Katherine

3 comments:

Alice said...

What an inspirational post from someone who has "been there." I'll be praying along with you that Joe's tests will reveal good results from all his treatments.

Cathy said...

I'm sorry you and Joe have been going through all that. That was a great devotional. I like Joel. I will also be praying for a good report.

Anonymous said...

I too have had lymphoma. My diagnosis is now a leukemic lymphoma, cll. I know about the waiting. I will pray for you in this.