Sunday

TeaCups Full of Treasures

This beautiful little book was given to me recently by a dear friend who knows how much I love teacups! Not only does it show beautiful teacups, but it also shares the names of God and the meanings on each page.God is our Healer is especially meaningful to me and my husband, as we are claiming this for him. Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while know that he has lymphoma and has been undergoing chemotherapy, and now radiation. God is the Great Physician! He created us and will bring order to the chaos!!

We are revived, refreshed, invigorated, and satisfied!

We are not afraid!! He is the One who overcomes darkness!!

The author of this book tells about her grandmother collecting tea cups and how she has tea with her, choosing the tea cup she wants tea in. They discuss the story of the tea cup. These tea cups were her grandmother's cups.
We are watered, fertilized, and pruned. God's power is unlimited! He provides ALL that we need!
The author says, "The Bigle, like my grandmother's cabinet, is filled with beautiful treasures. Among them are the many names of God. Each name reveals a part of His character. Learning His attributes and meditation on their meanings allows us to know Him more intimately." (Mary Grace Birkhead)
These are just a few tea cups shown, some of the verses are from the Old Testament, some from the New Testament. I hope you enjoyed reading some of the names of God, and will claim one of all of them for yourself, as we have.




5 comments:

Susan said...

Jehovah-rapha - The Lord Who Heals

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the surpassing greatness of the power may be of God and not from ourselves ..... Therefore, we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, uet our inner man is being remewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4: 7, 16

Taken from The Peace & Power of Knowing God's Name by Kay Arthur

I, for one, believes God heals today!!!!
Susan

Alice said...

What a beautiful little book! Thank you for sharing some pages with us. God is your Dayspring--that "hits the spot" with me.

blessings said...

One of the things that I love to explore in Bible study is the names of God! Thank you for sharing this book. It sounds like it's right up my alley. Blessings... Polly (p.s. thank you for your tremendous effort in our yellow rose day. I know that a lot of work went into it. It was just too hard to decided that we had to draw a name.)

Reviekat said...

What a beautiful book (and I mean both the teacups and the names of our Lord)! This book is definitely going on my wish list. :)

nannykim said...

Beautiful book--a unique way --who would have thought of putting God's names with tea cups! I didn't know about your husband. My husband had surgery last year for prostate cancer and almost died because of a surgical error--left a clamp on the ureter. But He is doing well now and God brought so much good out of it for us--praise Him. His ways are not our ways!