Saturday

Trying to get back to normal.

We arrived home Wednesday night, but had to get up at 5:30 a.m. Thursday and drive back up to Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, then didn't get home till late again. Friday was spent running errands, buying groceries, etc. We are totally exhausted from all this running around! Today some friends took me to lunch for a late birthday celebration. Tomorrow afternoon we have a church picnic, and our pastor is being moved to another church :-( I don't like change, I resist change, do you? This is an area I have such a hard time trusting God with - the unknown. I guess it's a form of control, I want to be in control. Some things we have absolutely no control over and are forced to trust, and to have faith. Most of these times things turn out very well, and I almost feel foolish for questioning what God is up to!

My husband had a pretty good report on his check-up at Mayo Clinic (he had lymphoma last year and had chemo and radiation treatments most of the year.) His Pet scan showed something that the doctors are hoping is a "false positive," Pet scans often give false positives. They are doing a CT scan this coming Thursday, just to make sure it isn't more. Please pray this is nothing more! Here again, we are trusting that the Lord is truly in control of our lives and knows what is best for us.

We enjoyed our two nights in Charleston, and our three nights with my daughter's family, and little Caden! It was a nice distraction from all that is going on in our lives, but all the traveling is taking a toll on these two old bodies! We don't have anymore travel plans until August, so hopefully we can get rested up by then!

Nope, we didn't get the camera working yet, and still haven't found the manual. Actually I haven't had time to search for it since we have been home. Thank you for your suggestions, we did look up the manual on the net, and did some troubleshooting, but Joe thinks he needs to reprogram it to get it going again. Betty, I think it was you, suggested we use a card in our cell phone, I'm not sure we can do that on our phones, but they do take pictures. While we were at my daughter's we used her camera, so we did get a few photos of Caden. We hope to see him again the first of August, he has his second birthday. I made a mistake when I said he was 20 months old, he is really 22 months old now!

I hope I can think of ways to blog until I get my camera fixed (or buy a new one.) I'm trying to catch up on all your blogs, and will start making comments soon. I've missed all of you!

Thanks for visiting!

Katherine

4 comments:

Susie said...

Hi Katherine,
Glad you're home safe and sound. It does take a while for things to return to "normal" after traveling.
I'll keep your husband in my prayers. Sounds like he went through so much last year.
hugs

Kelli said...

Welcome home, Katherine! I missed you! I'm the same way when it comes to change, I like to be in control and know what is coming. I will be praying for your husband. (((hugs)))
~Kelli

Alice said...

I'll say a prayer for your sweet husband's good health and for strength for both of you while waiting for test results.

Adrienne said...

Hi Katherine -
So glad you had a safe trip and time with Caden. I'll be praying for your husband, and for you, as you wait to learn more about the scan results.
~Adrienne~