Wednesday

Tablescape Thursday

Time for Susan's Tablescape Thursday! Thanks, Susan for hosting so we can play dishes! Click on her name for lots more inspiration.
Inspiration for this tablescape was these plates I found at TJ Maxx a couple of months ago.
This inexpensive price on these plates caught me in a weak moment and I succumbed and bought them! I certainly didn't need anymore Christmas plates! LOL!

That's all that's new in this tablescape:
I already had the red tablecloth and napkins, the red chargers and the red polka dot square plates, along with the black handled flatware, and the goblets from Dollar Tree!
I also had the black container and red poinsettias!

Overhead view:





I've never had a Christmas tablescape with black in it, but I like the color combination!



Red poinsettias are so beautiful!

See the sparkle look reflection on the left, this is from the sun shining through the prisms on the crystal chandelier above! I think it looks like fairy dust! LOL!

Again I had some difficulties with the sun coming through the windows (I also have a very high window above the regular window making double problems!)

I hope you like my red, white, and black Christmas tablescape!
It is simple and came together easily.

Won't you join us! I think I'll serve Red Velvet Cake!


Have a blessed Christmas!

Katherine

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Katherine.

I'm trying to pick up these plates when I see them. I love the different patterns.

Lynn said...

Very pretty, lovin' your new dishes Katherine! They look very "Dickens" to me:@)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

It's beautiful Katherine. I love the touch of black, elegant!

Debbie said...

I really like the way those plates look against the smaller square polka dot one and then the larger square charger. It looks like wall art on the table.

Really cool and pretty!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh yes -- I do like your tablescape -- and those new dishes are really pretty. Love how you've mixed you dishes round with square. This is all quite festive.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I bought one of those plates. I showed it on my blog. I refrained from buying more because I don't need any more...I don't have room for any more!!!
They are pretty though!!

Bill said...

Hi Katherine,

I really like your new plates. I think the black looks great with the rich reds -- really pops! It makes for a chic, sophisticated table, and the lace tablecloth adds softness and romance. Nicely done!

Love Bears All Things said...

I love the plates. How come I don't ever find these things at TJ Maxx. I like the square chargers too.
Mama Bear

Marigene said...

Red, white and black...with that tiny bit of green in the dessert plate, I love it. Your lace tablecloth looks so nice over the red, perfect for the holidays.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady, I love your Christmas Tablescapes and the plates are also lovely.

Adrienne said...

I really love your new plates! They look wonderful on your table.
~Adrienne~

Jacqueline said...

I can see why you gave in and bought those plates and at that price too! They are absolutely wonderful. I have tried to stay away from TJ Maxx this season as I am so out of room, but I would have given in on those too. Your square chargers are also so unique. I love them too. What a great table.

Alycia Nichols said...

Hi there, Katherine! I really like those red chargers!!! The shape and the color...perfect! You did a great job on this table! Have a happy week! :-)

Barbara said...

What pretty plates! It is a good thing I didn't spot them. I have no more room and they would have been irresistable. I like the mixing and matching of shapes. Those chargers are so striking.

Tess said...

Gotta love TJ Maxx!! What a beautiful table. That lace tablecloth is so pretty AND versatile. I wish our dollar store had such nice glsses and things!

Scribbler said...

I saw those plates, resisted temptation, and have been sorry! I liked the shades of gray and black in them, because it is different from the usual. Nice table!

A Hint of Home said...

Sorry I haven't gotten by lately. Your table is beautiful. what a great buy on those plates!
I love the design on them.
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katherine, your table is so pretty and I love your new dishes! Since my husband has retired, I've tried so hard to stay away from TJMax, Marshalls or Ross! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Entertaining Women said...

I like the fusion of the contemporary elements in your square plates with the traditional elements in your dinner plate and your tablecloth. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Sarah said...

Katherine, your table looks festive. I saw these plates at TJ Maxx and admired them. They set a lovely table.

Katherine said...

Lovely Katherine! Hugs from Katherine

The Charm of Home said...

Katherine,
Those plates are gorgeous! If I had seen them at TJ Maxx I would have snatched them up too. That is probably one of the prettiest Christmas patterns I have seen. There is so much holly and Christmas trees, but these are so different. Just love your table.
Sherry