Wednesday

Enjoying the Holidays

I'm not quite ready to take down my Christmas decorations as we are still enjoying it very much. My family was here until Tuesday and I took a little blogger break for the holiday. I'm sharing a few of my vignettes that I don't think you have seen. I did a lot of new things this year.
Inspiration for this vignette on top of the china cabinet started with this large Santa plate I bought for half price at Hobby Lobby back in October. (That's the chandelier on the right.)

I use the large wire deer each year and I usually have the Christmas tea pot and tray there as well.

The wall color below is more of a true color (it is "Wineberry" by Sherwin Williams.)


I bought this yellow Nativity, below, a few years ago and had planned to use it in a yellow rose arrangement. Below is a quick Nativity I put together at the last minute.

I displayed it on top of this trunk with yellow roses painted on it. (Trunk was from Ross.)


Below is another Nativity, this one in the living room:
I like to use the deer with the Nativities

The vignette on top of the computer armoire in the living room:

I added another deer to the vignette below:

The little angels peering in at Baby Jesus was a favorite:

I decorated the family room and breakfast nook with Santas so my four-year-old grandson, Caden would enjoy them.
The vignette above, is on top of the TV armoire in the family room.

Santas on the end table in the family room.

These Santas are on the little gate leg table in the breakfast nook:


Another vignette in the breakfast nook, on top of the bookshelf that holds my cookbooks.

Caden (below) is enjoying playing with the little tea room village scene in the dining room!
It was so much fun to see him enjoy hands-on with the Nativities and the Santas. I also have two older grandsons who were here as well. I teased them that they could also play with the decorations if they wanted to! ;-)

I hope you enjoyed seeing more of my decorations!

Wishing you a very Happy and prosperous New Year!

Katherine
Yellow Rose Arbor

9 comments:

Teresa's New Life said...

Very pretty. I do love that plate. Lucky you for 1/2 price.
We still have our decor up as well. I was sooooo busy catering this year that I didn't even get a tree until Tuesday before Christmas and no presents until December 23rd!!! But it was such a wonderful Christmas with all the family and my dad.

Adrienne said...

We took our tree down last night and I've been working through the day to get all the decorations put away. This year I'm reorganizing and storing some things differently so it's taking a lot of time! Love your chest with the yellow roses. Have a great time with your family.
~Adrienne~

ernie said...

Very... Nicee... Blog.. I really appreciate it... Thanks..:-)

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

My Dear friend,

May your New Year be filled with many Blessings and abundances of Joy for 2011. From my mountain to yours, Until next year
Hugs and Smiles Gl♥ria

Kathleen said...

We never take our decos down till the Epiphany. You have to wait for the 3 Kings to arrive! What's the rush, nothing in Jan to deco for! :)
Happy 2011, K! All your decorations looked so pretty. Enjoy them!

Marilyn Miller said...

I am finding the opportunity as I put decorations away to really sort and clean. I am loving it. It feels so good.

You are indeed the Queen of Vignettes. Your home must be amazing with every season to see.

Sarah said...

Katherine, Glad you had delightful holidays. Ours were quiet, but most enjoyable. All decorations are packed away here. Only the snowpeople are out and about. Hope your year is off to a good start.
Hugs ~ Sarah

The Quintessential Magpie said...

So good to hear that your holidays went well. I was sick thoughout and am still trying to climb out of it.

XO,

Sheila :-)

A Hint of Home said...

Hi Katerine,
Sounds like you had a good time with family around you. Caden looks so cute enjoying all the knick knacks.
Hope you're doing well and feeling better.