Monday

Table Top Tuesday

Thanks to Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for hosting Table Top Tuesday so we can share our decorating designs! Click on her name for lots more inspiration.

Inspiration for this table top started with this pretty deer I found at TJ Maxx a few months ago.
I haven't bought many Christmas decorations this year, but I did want this, it was love at first sight! LOL! He is 24 inches tall and very elegant! His fur is different, sort of a soft straw, I don't know what it is called.
He is mostly white, maybe a light blond color in places! It's hard to photograph a true color, especially using the flash which I had to do as I almost forgot TTT and it getting dark when I remembered, (we've been gone all afternoon.)

I've been dragging my feet with putting up Christmas decorations and couldn't decide what to use for my blog banner. I like to change the hall tree decor in the foyer.
I placed him on the left side and looked around for something else to go with the vignette.
How about this small white Italian Nativity with a cloche?

The white poinsettias look nice too!


The reflection in the mirror looks like two deer!
But, no, only one!
I wish I could think of a nice name for him!
Any suggestions?

View from above.


Mirror reflection (above) shows a bit of the living room.



I think he loves to pose and loves the attention!

The Nativity is one of many I have in my collection:
I hope to share some of them in Marty's Cloche Party this Friday!

I took many photos to try to get a good one for the blog banner.
The verticals are best, but it must be horizonal!

I hope you enjoyed seeing this Christmas vignette in our foyer.

God Bless.

Katherine



13 comments:

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Katherine...

My friend, I love your new reindeer!!! He's sooo beautiful...love his stance!!! Oh yes...if I had seen this pretty deer...he would have hopped right into my cart as well! Hehe! He sure does make a gorgeous Christmas vignette! I also really like your Italian Nativity under glass...it's gorgeous, Katherine! So glad that you were able to make TT today...I really enjoyed your new hall tree vignette!!! He also makes the perfect Christmas blog header...love it!!!

Warmest Christmas Wishes...
Chari @Happy To Design

Sarah said...

Katherine, your white deer is lovely. I like the reflection the mirror. ~ Sarah

Lynn said...

Looks like you got two for the price of one-very nice! Pretty new banner, and the cloche is beautiful too-enjoy:@)

Kathleen said...

How pretty! Love the Nativity too.
I have a name for the deer who eat all my flowers, but I don't think you want to name yours that! Snowfall maybe?

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Katherine, your deer is quite a knockout. I like that yours has hair like a real deer. Very pretty vignette.

Kathy said...

So very beautiful! Thinking of the name Randolph or Errol - quite elegant


Kathy

A Hint of Home said...

Cute little deer. They look good on your mirrored table.
I love the nativity in the cloche.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katherine! OH, your new deer is beautiful! You've set up a very pretty vignette too! Love that mirror.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your deer is absolutely stunning. I love it. No wonder you had to have it. I also love your nativity. Beautiful vignettes. Thanks for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Love Bears All Things said...

I like that you have put the Nativity in the Cloche. I noticed that right away...I like the whites in this display..I'm thinking he might be called 'Spirit'. He looks kind of whimsical, doesn't he?

How's your sister doing?
Mama Bear

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a pretty and unusual deer...I have never seen one like it, it looks very soft. It was very cleaver of you to place it in the mirror - two deers for one! Thank you for finding the time to visit me and leave such a nice comment about my Christmas mantle.(-:

Adrienne said...

I love the look of your arrangement. The deer is wonderful. I wouldn't have left him at TJM either.
~Adrienne~

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Good morning my Dear friend...now girl I love the white furry deer...I have a bunny like that...I would have bought that one also ha ha!! this is the first year I didn't buy one new thing for Christmas...In fact I had bins all over put up the tree did my kitchen and then told Len to put the Christmas bins away I was done with decorating...I really don't have the heart this year..oh well if I'm still here next year maybe then...Many Blessings to you my Dear friend...Hope you have a GREAT day and I mean that from my heart...Hugs to you, Gl♥ria