Wednesday

Tablescape Thursday - Yellow Rose Tea Party

This week my tablescape is for a Yellow Rose Tea Party.

Thanks to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for hosting Thursday Tablescapes, go here for lots more beautiful and creative tablescapes.

Above is this year's yellow rose tea party tablescape. Below is a yellow rose tea party I hosted several years ago. Here I'm with my co-host, Gloria at the yellow rose tea party for our tea party club. I've forgotten the year we had this one.

I have a collection of tea cups with yellow roses on them, I used many of the yellow rose tea cups. At that tea party I used a white lace table cloth over yellow. The centerpiece was a tea pot filled with yellow roses. I also used some of my yellow depression glass as serving dishes.

Favors were tussie-mussies made from white doilies filled with a tea time poem, and a small yellow rose. Napkins were tied with vintage yellow rose hankies.

Okay, now on to my new yellow rose tea party tablescape:

To change the yellow rose tea party theme this time I'm using the spring green tablecloth, yellow plates, topped with flower shaped green salad plates. I recently found these green plates at Marshall's for only $2.00 each! I love the way they match the tablecloth!


The centerpiece is a small cloche atop a crystal cake stand.
A tiny figurine holding a yellow rose is surrounded by silk yellow roses.

The little figurine is holding something else, but I glued the yellow bow and rose to her hand.

Each place setting has a different yellow rose tea cup from my collection. Each plate has a single yellow rose tied with a ribbon.


The napkins are yellow covered with a vintage yellow rose hankie, from my collection of yellow rose hankies!
The napkin rings are ceramic with yellow roses painted on them.

My yellow rose tea pot is also displayed. My husband bought this tea pot for me at an antique store, we had been looking for one for a long time and I was excited to finally find one!

Following are the different place settings with different tea cups and different vintage napkins.



Can you choose a favorite tea cup, and a favorite hankie?


Serving dishes are various yellow rose plates and bowls.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my new yellow rose tea party tablescape! Choose your favorite tea cup, sit down, and join us!

Have a happy day!
God Bless.

Katherine

31 comments:

Eileen said...

Oh, yellow roses are one of my favorite flowers (along with pink tulips!). This is such a pretty tablescape! The yellow looks lovely with the green dishes, and I absolutely love the idea of the single yellow rose on each plate.
Seriously, I can not pick a favorite tea cup and hankie, I like one better than the next, and then back again! You'd have to choose for me!
Great bargain you found at Marshall's! I love hearing things like that!
Everything is so beautiful. I especially love the little square rose dish.
All so wonderful!
All the best,
Eileen

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Katherine, what a lovely party idea! My grandmother's favorite roses were yellow ones, and they are so special. Your table looks so pretty with all the cups, and it is beautifully appointed. Great job on this tablescape! Speaking of which...

Happy Tablescape Thursday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Katherine, this is truly gorgeous. I love yellow roses. They are my most favorite all time flower ever. Your tea cups are all so pretty. I don't think I could ever pick out a favorite. The cloche with the precious little figurine inside is so pretty. Be sure to save this picture to show at the Cloche Party, it is just stunning. Your green plates are also so pretty. It really is so beautifully done. Hugs, Marty

ellen b. said...

I really did enjoy your yellow rose tea party Katherine. Everything was put together so nicely. Love the green with it and the cloche centerpiece. Beautiful...

Bill said...

Hi Katherine,
Your post is lovely! I've grown accustomed to seeing pink roses on romantic table settings (and there's nothing wrong with pink!) ... but your yellow looks so fresh and appealing. Very nice change of pace! The hankie collection is a nice touch.

Nicely done!

Bye for now,
Bill

Chandy said...

Katherine, I love that setup! How pretty are all of your pieces.

I love your blog.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

What time is tea? I would love to be there!! It is beautiful Katherine and definately you!

Donna said...

What a lovely tea party table.
I'd love to have been there.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just beautiful my friend...Princess Diane was also into Yellow roses...Thanks for sharing...May you have a great week my friend....hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Melissa Marie said...

I just love the yellow roses... what a perfect tea party table! :)

Printersdevil said...

How perfect. Is there a significance to the yellow rose tea party other than your love of yellow roses?

I can't chose a favorite. I love them all, but the teapot is fabulous.

Don't forget to join us on this weekend for the final Christmas in July Tablescape Party on Saturday (some may spill into Sunday since the 25th is Saturday. I am having a real CIJ family dinner on Sunday, but will post my table photos Friday night and Mr. Linky will be up and ready at Playing Dishes.

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Katherine, First thank you for stopping by, I loved your visit!! Your yellow rose tea table is beautiful...And your Marshall $2.00 plates are the best. I love Marshalls for that very reason!!! Hope you had the best time with your friends , xoxo~Kathy~@ Sweet Up-North Mornings...p.s. Had a difficult time trying to get into your blog and Your "Followers" , sorry...

Signing Out said...

This is gorgeous! I love the yellow and green together. Those flower plates and the napkins are so pretty.

Jane

Carrie said...

Katherine,
Both of your tablescapes are lovely and interesting. You have such beautiful yellow rose items!

I haven’t been able to do a tablescape since my June 26 post. After having ceilings repaired and repainted I decided to have the living room, dining room, my bedroom and the hall painted. Plus, wallpaper in my bathroom stripped off and paint applied. So I have so much stuff to put back, including all things from the dining room breakfront and corner cabinet.
Then I leave for Florida to see my sister and family, and to bring back my mother who has been visiting her since June 29.

Barb said...

Hi Katherine, this is lovely. I love, love yellow roses and you have really done this well. Everything is so lovely....ALL the details.

A Romantic Porch said...

What a beautiful beautiful table scape. Thank you for your thought and prayers for Melody. Please drop back by and read about our final gifts. xo rachel

Adrienne said...

Of course you know this would be my favorite! Yellow roses, tea and time with you - that would be Heaven, for sure. Thanks for sharing your lovely teatime with us. Your table was beautiful but I'm sure not as beautiful as the friendship shared there.
~Adrienne~

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Love...love...love the yellow roses!!! Your tables is sooo pretty and fresh...I love it!!!

What a fun afternoon!!! Happy tea time!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Amy said...

What a gorgeous theme for a tea party...yellow roses. I especially love the vintage rose hankies. I just can't pick which one I love the best...they all are so beautiful! Amy :)

Love Bears All Things said...

Very pretty!
Mama Bear

Mary said...

Katherine, this tablescape is beautiful! I really like the way you coordinated your teacups! With your great plates and accessories, it's very easy "being green"! Blessings to you!

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

So pretty! Love the green and yellow combo. I am always on the look out for "shaped" plates and love your green flower ones! The individual yellow roses tied with ribbons are a nice touch!

DD

Duchess of Tea said...

Katherine I had a lovely time going over the photos, I adore the yellow rose teapot, gorgeous. This is an elegant, happy tableset.
Duchess xx

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Pretty pretty rose accents! Love those green plates from Marshall's! Hmmm...must have missed that sale!! Lovely teacups!!

Martha said...

What a lovely tea table --

Fifi Flowers said...

Lovely yellow roses!
ENJOY your weekend!
Fifi

Shirley said...

This tablescape is just beautiful. I love the idea of the napkins wrapped in the vintage hankies. How inventive. I also like the idea of different pattered teacups. That little yellow rose tea pot is just the most!!
Shirley

Bill said...

Hi again, Katherine. Just stopping back by to say thank you for the kind, thoughtful comments.

Still love those yellow roses of yours!

Bill

Marla said...

Katherine, thanks for visiting seven palms and for becoming a follower, I love your site too. The table settings re beautiful. Look forward to visiting you often. I will keep learning and improving on m blog. Marla

Teresa's New Life said...

Just a lovely blog site. I LOVE this yellow rose tablescape. Thank you for sharing.

Lady Katherine said...

Maybe I need to start with what I do not love! lol Nothing! I love the cloth how it ties in with the wonderful green plate, I can never find but a couple! lol I love all the cups and teapot, serving dishes are wonderful! You look great in the white blouse! Oh I forgot, The white teapot and the cutest little syrup or maybe a creamer in the last post! So adorable!