Thursday

Thanksgiving Lilies


One last fall tablescape before starting with Christmas.  Inspiration came from these napkins I purchased last summer at Tuesday Morning.

My computer isn't cooperating for some unknown reason. These pics are posting upside down and I don't know if there is a way to rotate them!


As I plan the tablescape I draped a napkin on top of the green tablecloth over the back of the chair. You can see the beautiful pattern of the napkin

The flatware matches the small lily in the pattern, see above.

I found these pretty silk tiger lilies at Hobby Lobby and have had them in this cord vase. I think they are so pretty!


But I decided to go with a low centerpiece. I have had the orange mercury glass pumpkin a few years, I think it is from Marshall's.
 The little Pilgrim figurines I've had over 25 years.

The white dinner plates are from Dollar Tree and the orange salad plates from Ross.
 First I had the napkins beside the plates:

Then I decided I like them on top of the plate even though it covers up the orange.



This is a small simple, but striking Thanksgiving tablescape.

Here's a place for you, won't you join us?



 It may be a small dinner party, but we'll have lots of turkey and all the trimmings!


Just pretending! We have been invited to have Thanksgiving dinner with friends! I'm taking an apple pie and a pumpkin pie, baked by Cracker Barrel! So this Thanksgiving was easy for me!






I'm joining Susan's Tablescape Thursday, click on her name for lots more inspiration.


I apologize for the pictures being rotated wrong! If anybody knows how to help me, please do! Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving!


Katherine

3 comments:

Marigene said...

What a lovely table, Katherine. Love the new lily napkins, they could be used for a beautiful summer table, too.
I was sad to have to put all my fall things away...on to Christmas!
Have a great week.

Debbie said...

I'm giggling about the pictures because that's exactly the kind of thing that happens to me. I'm glad I'm not alone.

I don't know why, but I just love a napkin on top of the plate, even when it partly covers the salad plate. It adds "fluff" or something. Plus, I can still see your orange so it didn't cover it completely. I'm glad you did it that way.

I'm busily setting my tables for the Christmas season myself. For whatever reason, I'm deleting more than I'm adding this year. I guess I'm in a simplicity mode. I always think you have just the right amount on your tables to be pretty and festive without being too overdone.

Creations By Cindy said...

Love the lilies! Hugs and blessings, Cindy