Thursday

Cotton Time

 
Inspiration for this tablescape started with this faux cotton.
I spotted it at Michael's a couple months ago and had to have it. I have lived in FL for almost 50 years, but I grew up in north Alabama cotton country (Huntsville, AL) I've always had a fondness for anything using cotton!

I bought a few other things to complete the cotton centerpiece. This hydrangea made of burlap was perfect in texture.
So was this burlap rose!
 
Can you see the edges have a touch of sparkle gold.




The next color needed was green:



And the rustic wooden tray works really well


Then I remembered this wide ribbon I purchased last year:


                                           Complete!


I also decided to not use a tablecloth as first planned. I like the rustic look on the oak table.


Don't you just love the cotton!?  Brings back memories. I didn't live on a farm, but my grandparents did and I remember the cotton fields, even though I never "picked cotton!"



Square cream plates topped with a green dinner plate on top of twine place mats:

Cream handled flatware.  Double napkins are green with off-white eyelet. The napkin rings are made from the ribbon.


I'm very pleased with how it all turned out!






Here's a place for you!




There's also gold on the edge of the crystal goblets, to tie in with the gold on the rose!

A different angle of the centerpiece, from the back side:







I hope you like it as much as I do!

 I'm joining Susan's Tablescape Thursday, click on her name for lots more inspiration.


Katherine

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely centerpiece...love seeing how you put it together. Your table is wonderful.

Marigene said...

Katherine, beautiful table with such an unique centerpiece. ♥♥♥ it! I have never seen faux cotton in any of the stores here; I would have happily picked it up...must be a regional thing.
Have a great weekend.

Alycia Nichols said...

Hi, Katherine! What a great addition to your fall centerpiece! The cotton really adds a lot of texture and lightens up the look. Living in Missouri all my life, I didn't see real cotton until we took a trip a few years ago to Georgia. It didn't look like I thought it would at all! And there were little wisps of cotton blowing around in the air...so surreal! It is so pretty, though, when used as you have here. I love the ribbon you chose, too. Its "see through" quality adds a lot!

Denise Marie said...

lovely!!

Creations By Cindy said...

Awe, I love it all! Your centerpiece is lovely! Dang, I need to grab some cotton next hunting trip to Ga and bring it home and sell it! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Kathleen said...

This is so unique! Love all the natural elements, so pretty!
The Bundt Cake challenge is up, come on over!