Monday

Pandemic Projects

(borrowed from internet)

 It's been a while since I have blogged, but I have missed some of the "old gang" and would like to continue blogging. Since we are going through this pandemic it is a good way to pass the time of sheltering in. Things are beginning to open up, but my husband and I have underlying health issues and will continue staying in as much as possible. We have our groceries delivered, etc.


 Sometimes I spend entire afternoons on the porch. Porch Therapy! I've been doing a lot of writing lately - handwriting. When I have a milestone birthday I always write about the past decade as well as the upcoming decade. 
    
I have also written my feelings about the pandemic. Have you done this? Let me encourage you to write your feelings about the pandemic to leave for your family when you are gone. We are living in history right now and I think our next generation would find it interesting to hear how we survived. Did you dislike it terribly? Were you angry, or sad, or fearful? Or did you find creative ways to entertain yourself to the point of enjoying what you've done? I have a friend who made over 200 masks and gave them away! Leave a legacy for your family to read years later. Leave it in your bible or a time capsule! Joe has enjoyed working on his stamp collection, he has seven binders and still working on them!
Other ways I keep busy during the pandemic: 
Journaling bible verses


I have embraced bible study/journaling with a passion by writing  daily bible verses in the above book and daily journaling and coloring verses in my Inspire Bible.  Below are two pages I did in my Inspire journaling bible:

 Inspire Bible

 
I finished last year's verse journaling and started the 2020 journaling book, this one is on fear. Did you know there are over 365 bible verses about being fearful, these will help you overcome fears:

My daughter creates these books on daily bible verse journaling
click for more information:

Below is the photo album I'm making of my life. These two pictures are the youngest pictures of me I can find, I don't remember seeing any newborn pictures of me. I was the third/last child, so you know how that goes! I was two years old in this picture. The doll was the photographer's prop. The little dress was red corduroy. I'm doing the album by decades. This is the 40s! 


This has been good therapy - documenting my life in pictures and words. I was hoping to have it finished by my birthday, but it is taking longer than I expected. Oh, well, I have plenty of time while sheltering in.

During the pandemic what have you learned about yourself and others? Any surprises? Any changes needed to make? Perhaps we have learned what's the most important things in our lives? Let's don't waste all this free time, let's have something more valuable to show for it!                
What is truly essential?

 

Katherine

2 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

So good to see post from you dear lady. Nothing like porch sitting for sure. I can rock a 100 miles on my front porch and think of all sorts of honey do's for Marty! LOL! I used to hand write so much, though my hand writing is awful. I use to journal a lot. I love to go back and read some of the things I wrote, especially prayer needs and how God answered. Now with computers and all this technology I a afraid I have gotten away from actual writing. But, my blogging, though only once a week is my way of journaling now it seems. As far as this new time in history we are experiencing I just keep saying, "Keep your eyes on Jesus Cindy". Even though we live in a world that is ever changing I praise the Lord that HE never changes. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Thank you, Cindy! You are one of the reasons I want to return to blogging! You are such a delight! I agree, once a week is probably enough. I have a couple more to catch up, then it will probably be weekly. My next one is about my 80 birthday! PTL!