Tuesday

My Milestone Birthday!

 Borrowed from internet 

Last week on May 19th I turned 80. I'm not complaining, considering the alternative. Aging is a gift. A privilege. My mother and sister did not make it to 80. My mother died at 75 and my sister died at 74. My brother died of a heart attack at 51. Aside from those deaths, we do have longevity in our family. My maternal grandmother lived to be 91, her second daughter (my mother's sister) lived to 91 as well. One of my mother's brothers lived to be in his 90s, the other in his 80s. My maternal grandfather died at 83.

 
Borrowed from internet

I praise and thank the Lord daily for allowing me to live to this age. I don't joke about being old. Actually, I don't feel old. I still feel the same inside as I did when I was much younger. True, I have aches and pains, fatigue and I can't hear as well, but I think the same. Some of my thoughts and opinions have changed since I became a Christian (in my 30s) and read my bible and have allowed the Lord to gently change me. My spiritual eyes and ears have been opened. I allowed the Holy Spirit into my life and asked Him to change my heart and make me a better person. I praise Him for all the blessings in my life.                                         Jesus, I trust in You.



 My children had planned to come here for a celebration of my 80th birthday, but we decided to postpone it a month because of Joe's underlying health issues. I was disappointed, but knew this was best. This is why my Face Book celebration of my birthday was so impressive and helpful to me. I really appreciate all everyone did for me! I've also had many phone calls that uplifted me. Two of my grandsons called, my daughters, and a cousin I haven't talked to in a long time, several friends, lots of excitement. Thanks to all, this was very important to me, I appreciate it all so much!

A special young friend surprised me with these beautiful flowers! She knows I love yellow roses, but she said she added other colors to make it more festive. Isn't this just beautiful! It's both elegant and whimsical! 
 

Even though we have been staying inside our home since March, we decided to chance it and go out to eat. Joe took me to Carrabba's, a favorite place to eat (I love their Chicken Bryan!) We had planned to eat outside, but we arrived at 1 p.m. and the hostess said there's only three couples inside. Since it is a big place we went inside. Here I am with the complimentary birthday cake!
 
 

 

See the card on the right, two of my great-granddaughters made it for me, it has a whole flock of butterflies on it! Thanks, Raleigh and Sidney! 
 

My soon to be two-year old great-granddaughter, Sarah, made the card below! My grands call me KK!


 

 The silver lining!


Katherine

5 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to you!! You surely do not look 80! I'm glad you had such a good celebration even though you couldn't get together.

Creations By Cindy said...

Happy belated birthday to you beautiful lady! Hugs and blessings Cindy

Geneva said...

Happy Birthday, Katherine! 80 seems younger every day :) You are absolutely beautiful inside and out and it's wonderful that you had such a special day.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Thanks, everybody! I appreciate your kind comments!

BTW, Geneva - that was my mother's name, I seldom ever hear it anymore, brings back sweet memories!

Katherine

Isaac Burns said...

Lovely blog you have hhere