Wednesday

Tea For Two Tea Party

My friend, Jan, is having a milestone birthday Saturday so I
decided to have a Tea for Two tea party for her.

 
 I chose a Bluebird theme since Jan and her husband love
bluebirds, are in the Bluebird Society, and have
blue bird houses in their back yard visited by lots of bluebirds in the spring.

I've had this cute little bluebird tea pot for a while, it was part
of the inspiration for the theme.

 Can you see he is wearing red tennis shoes?! 
Isn't that adorable! I found him at Cracker Barrel
several years ago.

The Food
(see menu at bottom.)

 
 Doesn't Jan look young!

This is me! See the little bluebirds in front?

They are salt and pepper shakers
 
 I found these at Cracker Barrel too.

I have always loved tea parties! I don't do many these days,
only for special occasions 

 This little bluebird belonged to my sister,
I always think of her when I see it.
 

The Menu:
 Sandwiches: Cucumber, egg salad, pimento cheese
Chicken salad in mini phyllo cups
Cranberry orange mini scones
Lemon curd in mini phyllo cups
Assorted cookies
Tea
Sugar cubes
Lemon curd
Candy

 I hope you enjoyed seeing our Tea for Two Tea Party!  It was fun!

I'm joining Susan's Tablescape Thursday, click on her name for lots of inspiration
Katherine

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. How special your friend must have felt with this birthday celebration. So special of you to do it. Tea for two.

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I adore your blue bird theme. What a great way to celebrate a birthday for a dear friend. Love it. The menu sounds yummy. I have a blue jay that belonged to my grandmother. It is a part of my kitchen corner shelf decor. Hugs to your dear Katherine.
Cindy

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Katherine, what a lovely thing to do for your friend! *I* know how much work even a small tea party is. Love your menu and décor. You certainly know how to carry out a theme!

marieDee said...

What a pretty tea party setting! And your menu made my mouth water.

I haven't even thought about my blog in a long while until was reminded of it by a facebook post, revisited it, and then found you. (I checked to see if one of my commenters had posted recently, found that she had not, but then found the link to Yellow Rose Arbor on her list.) What a delight!

Now to check up on some of your earlier posts

Love Bears All Things said...

What a lovely thing to do for a friend. I love the bluebirds.
Mama Bear