Tuesday

Special Time!

Lynn and I have been friends for 33 or more years. We used to work together for NASA at Kennedy Space Center. We are both retired now, but remained close friends all these years. We live over 100 miles from each other now, but she still comes to visit me a few nights each year! I love when she comes! She is also who I blogged about redoing her kitchen a few months ago. She is now redecorating her living room and dining room and wanted me to help her make some silk floral arrangements. Her color theme is yellow, purple and gray. I wish I had some pictures of her house to show you. Here is the vase of flowers we did for her dining room table: 
(This is my dining room, that's why the walls don't match!)

Look at the beautiful flowers we found at Hobby Lobby:

 The glass vase has an unusual design of  
"air bubbles" in it (doesn't show up here.)


The second arrangement we made is for Lynn's new granddaughter's nursery. Pink and gray is the color scheme for the nursery with a few animals including elephants. This little elephant vase was filled with pink roses when the baby was born, and Lynn wanted to display it with silk flowers to display in the nursery.
 We love how it turned out!

 The pink lily was the perfect finishing touch!

Here we are with our accomplishments!

Lynn is happy with the way it turned out!



BFF!

I also painted two pictures for Lynn's granddaughter's nursery. One is of a baby elephant, and the other a baby giraffe. I will post those at a later time on my blog. I hope you enjoyed seeing our fun time together. We also went to an Oktoberfest, shopping, out to eat most meals, church, etc! Can't wait till she comes again!


Katherine

1 comment:

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh what a fun time I bet the two of you had together. So sweet that she comes to visit with you and being so many miles apart. Love the floral arrangements. So very pretty. Hugs and blessings, Cindy